Chapter 13

The next month or so goes by pretty quickly, Phillips parent's evening is coming up. Lin and I have been talking a lot in fact he's spent most of his time with me and Phillip. From the first day, I couldn't separate the two of them, Lin practically being a child himself loves playing with him. Work with Leo has gone smoothly which brings me to this.

"Come on YN you need to be a gest" Jimmy has been convincing Lin and me to go on the show to talk about Hamilton, since he found out I helped to write it he hasn't stopped asking. 

"You can talk to Lin about it he's the one doing the PR run" The announcement of Lin stepping back into the role of Hamilton for the Puerto Rican run means he has to promote it. He's already done most of the interviews with only the tonight show left. ( which is today) 

"Come on you would make the interview better," Jimmy says trying to make me laugh. 

"Even if I said yes we haven't planned for me to be on" I gather my papers on the desk and start to file through them trying to find the file on the next gest. Jimmy leans on the papers knocking them out of my hand and piling them on the desk. 

"What do I have to do to convince you, Leo has the interview covered I want you out there and so does the crew it will be amazing" I look back up at him and roll my eyes. "I'll give you three extra weeks of holiday" I squint my eyes thinking about it.

"Three full weeks including the three weeks I already have" He nods his head in improvement. "Fine ill do it" He stands up straight and cheers. "But if you pull any surprises I'm not going to be happy" 

"Fine no surprises" He walks out of the office towards the stage and I continue to flip through the file. 

_______

The time to head on the stage came by pretty quickly. Talking to Lin in our dressing room seemed to help somewhat but the nerves still resided. "Are you guys ready Jimmy's about to announce you" Leo came into the dressing room and hurried us to the stage entrance. 

"Hey stop worrying were going to be fine" Lin reassured and takes his hand in mine giving it a light squeeze instantly making me feel a bit better, taking a deep breath both of us walked to the chairs when we heard our names. I take a seat closest to jimmy and Lin on the other side. 

"Welcome back everybody I am here with Lin Manuel Miranda and of course YN LN" I turn to the audience and take in the amazing cheers. "Can I just start off by saying both of you look amazing today" Wardrobe put us in matching outfits making us look amazing together (which I wasn't mad about) We both had hints of yellow thorough which was a nice touch, "So Lin tell me about your trip to Puerto Rico" He instantly leans forward in his seat and starts to answer.

"Yeah for a few weeks were opening a new tour in Puerto Rico to raise money for art and different theatre organisations still recovering from the hurricane, I will be stepping back into the role of Hamilton for the part of the tour then it continues all around Puerto Rico and the US" The audience starts to clap again. 

"Is it odd stepping back in the role" Both Lin and Jimmy let out a laugh. 

"Yeah, it's going to be interesting, to say the least, the last time I did the show was what five-six years ago but I'm defiantly looking forward to it, I have a helper her to remind me the lines" Lin rests his hand on my leg but quickly removes it after. 

"I'm sure you are going to be amazing at it, YN are you planning on making an appearance" I laugh at his question and begin to answer. 

"Not as of yet Id much rather stay behind the scenes but I am looking forward to watching Lin perform again" I surprised by how well I answered the question, I turn to Lin and give him a warm smile. The interview goes on as planned Lin and I were readying to leave when Jimmy started to speak up.

"I have one last announcement" My heart drops, what is he going to say "Along with Lin and YN we will be taking The Tonight Show to Puerto Rico!" The audience erupts in cheers and applause along with Lin, a smile grew on my face and I soon join in the clapping. After heading off the stage Lin instantly pulls me into a hug. 

"Were all going to Puerto Ricoooooooo" Lin starts jumping for joy and pulls away from me. "Isn't that amazing" He reads the worried expression on my face and mirrors it. "What's wrong isn't that good news? I can show you around, Phillip would love it there" 

"Yeah, it's amazing news I'm just not sure when Phillip breaks up from school" We both head to drive to school and pick up Phillip, he waits in the car with Lin while I approach the front desk. "Hi, I'm Phillips parent is it possible to find out when the summer break will begin" I wait for a few minutes and ponder for a few moments, Phillip has been in school for almost a year now. The thought of him already progressing into the new year creates a little smile on my face. 

"Uh, miss" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the attendant. "The summer holidays begin in a week on parents evening" 

"Parents evening ?" 

"Yes, all the parents are expected to be their" She flips through some papers on her desk before turning back to me. "The students have already been informed" She hands me a piece of paper with information on it. "Phillip has put you and Dad down on for the evening" Dad

"Okay thank you" Walking out of the building I take a closer look at the paper. I geuss Lins comming then. I get back in the car and sit Lin driving the both of us home. Phillip and I get out of the car and I make sure he has all of his things. I notice Lin still hasn't got out and question him. "Are you not coming in" A surprising look springs on his face as he follows us into our house. "Phillip go get changed while I talk to Dad"  Phillip runs off. 

"Dad?" Lin looks slightly confused, I've talked to Phillip about Lin, we both have but he's never called him dad before. I hand him the paper, He looks at the scruffy writing from Phillip. It's in a small box labelled 'Who would you like to come?' It says my name with the best mum ever written next to it in brackets since when does he know what brackets are and Lin with super cool dad next to it. I tilt my head back up to Lin just in time to see the tear roll down his cheek. He immediately wipes it off and hands me back the paper. "Are you okay with me coming?" 

"Of course I am" 

"Did you find if you guys will be able to come" I hold up the paper again and check the date 

"Yeah the break starts a week on Wednesday" Phillip emerges from his room and joins us. 

"You and tell Phillip ill make us some dinner" I join Phillip on the sofa and start to tell him the good news.