Chapter 6

Soon after Daveed left my phone started rumbling on the sofa,  I pick it up to find a message from Uzi. 

UZI: The tonight show just called saying that they wanted to speak with you !!! 

Just as I read the text my phone started ringing in my hand from an unknown number. This is them! I quickly became nervous and paused on answering the phone. What could they want me for? I take a deep breath and answer the phone. "Hello is this YN YLN?" "Its Beverly from The Tonight show" 

"Yes this is her"

"Perfect, our employment team wanted me to reach out to you concerning the article you wrote about Mr Daveed Diggs, There has been an opening for a story and guest planner and they think you would be a perfect match for our team based on the article." 

"Oh that sounds amazing, You want me to help you get in touch with Daveed?" I guess I didn't get the memo because she chuckled"

"Uh no miss YLN we would like you to manage the guests we have on our show, The way you wrote the article fits the style of planning the rest of the team are looking for." She said with warmth in her voice. 

"Oh, you want me to manage guests?" 

"Yes, miss YLN you would be working alongside your team and Jimmy on who will be on the show" 

"That sounds amazing" 

"Will you be able to start on Monday" 

"Uh yes" 

"Perfect, We will discuss specifics when you arrive" The lady hangs up and I fumble to call Daveed. 

"Already miss me?"

"DAVEED I GOT A JOB OFFER FROM THE TONIGHT SHOW BECAUSE OF THE ARTICLE I WROTE FOR YOU" I practically scream and wait for him to answer. 

"No way congrats! When do you start!" 

"Monday" I start to breathe heavily not noticing I forgot to earlier. 

"YN that's amazing" 

"I'll see you later I need to update Uzi"

"Uzi?"  

"Oh yeah he's my boss, Ill see you soon" I call Uzi and update him and Toms since he's with him and they're both just as excited as me, Lunch soon rolled around and I called Phillip in. "Hey, do you want to go out and get some lunch?" he quickly agrees and we head to a cafe right away. He slides into the booth first and I sit opposite him. I hand him a menu and scan over mine. "What do you want buddy" 

"Can I have a burger?" The waiter comes over and I order for the both of us. Phillip tells me about the first week of school and everything he has learned. While listening I notice how old he has gotten, it still feels like last week he was struggling to string a sentence or even read. A small smile spreads across my face as he explains how to add to numbers and bragging that he can write his first and last name. My mind continues to wonder what his future brings him, He's already in what Tom and I call his 'why' faze Every opportunity he gets he asks for a reason for something. His curiosity is what drives him to practically run to school and talk in-depth about nonsense. The waiter arrives with our food and we both dig in. Phillip takes a huge bite out of his burger and sauce oozes out from the sides covering his face, pulling away a huge smile formed on his face as he wipes the sauce off his cheeks. Soon after we finish. "We need to do some shopping before we go home bud" 

"Okay!" We head to the food store across from the cafe and I pick up a few things for lunch and dinner, It didn't take long for Phillip to start 'helping' by adding some ice cream and an array of chocolates. I keep them in the basket and head to the checkout. The woman behind the counter seemed surprised to see me. 

"OH hey, you played Mariah in Hamilton right?" I was caught off guard by her statement. 

"Uh yeah I did, only once though" I don't think ill ever get used to people recognising me, It happened a lot soon after I performed but hardly ever now.

"You were amazing, Cash or card?" 

"Card please" I hand her my card and enter my pin. Taking the bag I quickly leave the store and head home. 

"Who is Mariah?" Phillip turned to me with curiosity. 

"No one buddy" I call a taxi and we walk home.