Chapter 5

I let Phillip sleep in for today since he's been up early for quite a while, no doubt he will be energetic later on. I slouch on the sofa thinking of what to watch, I've been at work for a while so I really don't have anything to watch. I decide to put on some music and scroll through my phone. After a while of scrolling, Phillip comes through half-asleep. I pause the music as he climbs on the sofa with me. "Can we watch paw patrol" I laugh and put the show on. Ever since he was little he loved the show, I thought by now he would've grown out of it but apparently not. I continue to scroll through my phone while Phillip started to wake up and joining in with the show. While he's distracted I take the time to have a shower, I've mastered the art of having quick showers and I'm soon out and washing my face. I put on an old top and some fluffy trousers since I don't have to go anywhere today. Walking back into the Living room I find Phillip still invested in the show. 

"Buddy you need to have a wash now" He groans and quickly walks to the bathroom. I clean the kitchen and quickly remember that we don't have much food left. I make a mental note to go to the shop today. As I move to clean the living room the door knocks, I walk over to answer it. I swing the door open to find Daveed. "Uh, how did you ... " 

"I just um wanted to bring you breakfast" I close the door slightly in case Phillip comes out. "Is this a bad time?" I begin to answer but get interrupted. 

"Mummy, I've finished can I watch my programme now?" Daveed's eyes widen and Phillip walks up to me "Mum are you okay" I stand there frozen not knowing what to do. 

"Yeah go ahead don't turn it up too loud though" I turn back to Daveed to find his mouth opened wide. "Do you want to come in?" He's already seen him so I may as well explain. 

"Uh yeah" He slowly walks in and we sit in the kitchen, His eyes fixated on Phillip. He sets the bag on the table and begins to take out a mixture of pastries and coffee. "Is he" 

"Lins yes, he's five years old" I look over at him and smile seeing him entranced in his programme. "Can he have some?" I Gesture to one of the chocolate pastries. 

"Yeah of course" I call Phillip over and hand him one. He instantly turns to Daveed and smiles at him saying thankyou before running back to the sofa. "He looks just like him, does he know?" I take a deep breath. 

"No, I uh haven't spoken to him after the incident" I take a sip of coffee and look up to see his reaction. his eyes instantly revert from mine as he begins to speak. 

"I'm so sorry YN I really am, this is all my fault" I try to speak since it not, it took more than one person to get into this situation but he continues. "I shouldn't have kept you in my house, or punish you for being with him" He brings his eyes back up to mine and I give him a forgiving smile. Phillip runs over with crumbs all over his face, he leans into my ear.

"What is that man's name" 

"Daveed" I whisper back to him

"Daveed would you like to play with me?" He looks over to me and I give him a little nod.

"Yeah, dude let's go" They both walk over to the tv and start playing with the action figures. I take the time to store the extra pastries and head over to the couch to watch them. 

"PEW PEW" Phillip pretends to shoot Daveed and he dramatically flops to the ground and pretends to die. He crawls to the sofa and pulls himself up. 

"5-minute break ... I need to recover" Phillip runs to his room and continues to play by himself. 

"Already beat?" 

"He's killed me five times already I don't know how he does it!" I laugh and hit his shoulder. "Hey, recovery time" He rubs where I punched and pretends to die all over again. He brings his head back up and we stare into each other's eyes. 

"We should uh ..." I turn my head to the tv but he tilts my head back to him and pulls me into a deep kiss. I kiss back hesitantly, he entwined his fingers with mine and places a hand on the side of my face warming up in an instant. I pull back and lean on his forehead both breathing deeply. "Daveed we cant-" He cuts me off  

"it's my mistake" He stands up and I stand with him. "Call you soon?" 

"Yeah definitely" And with that, he leaves. 

AN happy Friday everyone!!! I'm really sorry this is a bit late but I was busy reading other fics  😂 but really liked this chapter. one of you guys said to stay away from Daveed so I took it into account and changed the ending a little I really hope everyone likes the chapter. I hope everyone had a good week