Chapter 2

"come on, come on" I'm greeted by Phillip jumping up and down beside my bed trying to climb up, I sit up and turn on the lamp and open my phone. Five o'clock great.  

"what are you doing up so early" I lift him up onto my bed beside me.

"We need to go to school"

"It's too early for that pip, come on lay down" He scrunches up his nose and lays beside me with a puzzled look on his face. "What are you thinking about?" he looks up at me still looking confused. 

"Do I have a daddy" my heart sinks into my stomach.

"Why do you ask that?" 

"At school, we did a family tree I even put uncle Tom on it! but there was a missing leaf on it" 

"Oh yeah, did it say daddy on it?" He sat upright next to me in excitement. 

"Yeah, it did do I have one" I take a deep breath, I knew this day was coming but I didn't think it would be so soon. 

"Yeah, buddy everyone has one" I scruff up his hair. 

"Hey!" 

"Come on go back to sleep" soon after Phillip falls back asleep. I squeeze out of the bed to make sure he doesn't wake up. Slouching on the sofa I start scrolling through Twitter to see something from him, anything. Good morning you are important and amazing, the light of someone's life. Go shine bright. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep. 

.

.

.

"Phillip wake up buddy" Phillip sits up and surveys the room, he turns to me and stands up on the bed. 

"catch me" he runs up to the side of the bed and flies off towards me with a huge smile on his face. I open my arms wide and brace for impact, within seconds he lands firmly in my arms and I swing him around. He giggles and I set him down. 

"Come on we need to get ready" we both walk to the bathroom hand in hand and both get ready. The walk too school mostly consisted of Phillip racing cars and pulling me towards the school, I guess being eager to go to school is better than a moaning mess. "are you ready to go in pip" he scrunches his nose at me. 

"don't call me that I'm not a girl" he whispers to me making sure nobody can hear us. I laugh at his concern. 

"Fine, what do you want me to call you" I mimic his whisper, he quickly shifts to a puzzled face. His big brown eyes squint at the thought and widen soon after. 

"Pea!" he shouts it loud drawing the attention of other parents and children. 

"you want me to call you Pea?" He nods his head in return. "Why do you want me to call you Pea" I laugh escapes my mouth as I realise how serious he is. 

"I like peas and it sounds like Phillip" I smile at him and agree.

"Okay, are you ready to go in now Pea?" a few minutes later he walks into class and I start to walk home but decide to give Tom a visit. I walk past the coffee shop and grab coffee and doughnuts for the both of us. I knock on the door after a few minutes of shuffling behind the door it swings open. "Hello". 

"Oooh are they for me" I hand Tom his drink and Doughnut and follow him to the sofa. 

"Oh hi YN" Uzi is sitting on the sofa finding something to watch on the tv, Tom sits next to him and snatches the remote from his hand. "Hey, I was finding something to watch" He turns back to me. "Nothing for me ?" giving a not to my hands I realise he referring to the coffee. Uzi and Tom have been together for a little over a month now and they're perfect together, Tom seems so much happier now. It was a bit weird seeing my boss at my friend's house but he quickly became my friend.       

"Sorry I thought you'd be at work" I slump on the armchair and sip on my coffee. 

"How's Phillip been doing at school" Tom turns off the tv and turns to me. 

"It has been ... interesting to say the least" 

"what happened" 

"He has already asked if he has a dad" Both Tom and Uzi look concerned at the statement.

"What did you say?"

"I just said that he did, I think he forgot after because he didn't ask anything else". The room falls silent for a moment, I'm not sure if its in surprise or anticipation. "Oh he's got another nickname now" 

"What is it" Tom loves giving Phillip nicknames

"Pea"

"Pea? why pea" he lets out a small laugh and Uzi does the same. 

"he said that he likes peas and it sounds like Phillip". We all laugh and Uzi stand up. 

"I'm going to grab a drink you guys want anything" 

"No I'm good, can you take these out though" Tom hand him the coffee cup and I do the same. He shuffles up the couch and hushes his voice. 

"are you going to tell Phillip about Lin" 

"Yeah I will when the time is right" I keep saying that to myself but I really have no clue when the time will be right, I know Lin deserves to know he has a child but I don't think I'm prepared to see him yet, It's been nearly six years since I've seen him and still I think about him every day. Phillip is practically a mini version of him, with big brown eyes, soft tan skin and chocolate hair. Not to mention his smile. Uzi soon comes back and sits back down. 

"Are you okay with coming in tomorrow" I haven't been at work for a week or so preparing for Phillip to go to school. 

"Yeah, do we have a new project to work on?" 

"Oh yeah, the boss wants to do something on music I'm going to work on the specifics today, speaking on which. I'm going to go babe" Tom pouts and walks with him to the door. 

"I think I'm head out now" I hug Tom and begin to walk home.  

A/N I know I said I was only going to update every Friday but I'm a few chapters ahead so i thought I might aanother one !!!!! I love you alllllllll