Chapter 7: A Demon's Sweet Weakness

(A.N: This is a continuation of Chapter 6)

Key

(e/c) = Eye Color

(s/t) = Skin Tone

3rd POV

Y/n had just left the building and was walking back to Rhys, who was just standing outside under Y/n's orders. Y/n had delivered the present to Mrs. Oats' grandson. For safety, she left Rhys to wait outside the building worried that Mrs. Oats' grandson would think... ill things.

"Why did I have to wait here?" Rhys asked as Y/n approached him. 

"Because," Y/n began, looking Rhys straight in the eyes," Mrs. Oats' grandchild would think you're my hot boyfriend. It's bad enough that Mrs. Oats thinks that Ava and I are into-" Y/n stopped herself as her face became heated, a rosy blush arriving with it. She looked to the ground to hide her flushed face. "You know what? Nevermind."

Y/n breathed in and out before looking back to Rhys. "I just don't want to burden Ava. She already has a lot on her shoulders so I don't want to be a bother." Y/n explained. Something about her tone and her caring nature had shocked Rhys. 'How-No, why is she so nice? Normally, the inhabitants of daemos would not care about being burdens on others. They normally did what they want, when they wanted. Why are E-Urth humans so different? ' Rhys asked to himself, not wanting to pester the powerful sorceress guiding him. 

Soon enough, Rhys noticed that Y/n had started walking back to the apartment and followed her. "Into?" Rhys asked. 

"It's uh- nothing. Nothing," Y/n chuckled, attempting to brush off the subject. She turned to her left and saw-

"OH! ICE-CREAM TRUCK!" Y/n hollered, running towards the vehicle. However, obstacles appeared in her way. Children. She coughed and composed herself. "Excuse me, could you please move so I could get to the ice-cream truck?" Y/n asked politely. The children smiled and nodded, walking out of the way. "Thank you!" Y/n cheered. ' Those young humans listened to what she said? Does she have control over humans? If she does, then I must report this to prince Asch. ' Rhys noted, slowly following behind the ecstatic sorceress.

"Ah, Y/n, one of my best customers," The ice-cream man said.

"Can I get the Derpy-eyed Munchy Bear Pop?" Y/n asked, stars appearing in her (e/c) eyes.

"Anything for you, Y/n!" The ice-cream man said. 

"Oh! Make it two!" Y/n said. The ice-cream man looked at Y/n confused. "Ava and I made a new friend and I have been taking him out and about," Y/n explained. 

"Wait, wait! You and Ava have a new friend? It's on the house, here!" The ice-cream man announced - the Munchy Bear Pops in his hands

"Oh, shoot, I forgot about money," Y/n mumbled as Rhys approached her side. 

"No, go ahead, take it, on the house. To celebrate this new friend," The ice-cream man insisted. Y/n and Rhys exchanged glances before Y/n grabbed the ice-cream from the man. Y/n thanked him and ushered Rhys to follow her. The pair went to a secluded area with a table and chairs. Y/n handed Rhys one of the cold treats and sat down, Rhys sitting on the opposite chair. 

Rhys looked to the treat in his hand, "What is this?" He asked, squinting his eyes. 

"It's ice-cream! It's even better, now that it's free!" Y/n cheered, a gentle, warm smile gracing her lips. He didn't know what it was but, something about this tall sorceress made the daemos happy. Rhys shook off the feeling and continued to inspect the ice-cream, squinting his eyes to help his vision.