Chapter 18 - Princess in The Portrait

3rd POV

(This is your outfit but you can change the colour of the hoodie or change the outfit entirely

(This is your outfit but you can change the colour of the hoodie or change the outfit entirely. I just find it hard to pick outfits. If you have any suggestions, comment them! I will try my best to include them.)

It was 11:00am in the morning and Y/n was on a phone call with someone. She stood in her kitchen, her hand firmly gripping the handle of her mug of tea. Her expression showed on of distress. 

"Listen, I understand I might be the best in the job, but I just want to quit. It's safer for the people I care about," Y/n reasoned with the caller.

"Agent Striker, you've been faithful all these years and, all of a sudden, you want to quit?!" A loud male voice roared on the other line, making Y/n pull the phone a few inches away from her ear before she lost her hearing.

"Jesus, don't get your panties in a twist. You'll find and train someone as good as me in the future, but please," Y/n took a breath before continuing, "Understand: this is for my family. How would you feel if you, being the leader of hundreds of assassins, put a target on your daughter? You told me she was all you had left, didn't you? Do you really want to risk her life?" There was silence on the other end of the phone, a contemplative silence. 

After a few minutes, the man spoke, "Alright, just promise me, you won't forget everything I've taught you and that you don't make s-stupid decisions, okay?" His voice started to break, as if he were about to cry. "Stay in contact, okay? Not for missions, just mere friendship. I'm sure my little Sophie would love to see her best friend again." 

A gentle smile broke across the (h/c)-haired girl's face. "I will, don't worry. See you, boss."

"Maverick, please. I mean, you are quitting aren't you?" He sassed.

"Fine, Maverick. Bye."

"Goodbye, Agent." Then the line went dead. Y/n loosened her grip on her mug, now relieved that she had quit her overly dangerous job. She took a sip of her drink while looking at her texts to see if any messages had popped up, especially from Ava. She noticed one and opened it. 

The Daemos have an otherworldy portal in MY HOUS- APARTMENT and we haven't explored it yet?!

Come and help me investigate. 

I might need back up in case they try and attack me.

Read 11:09

'I guess I better go,' She thought, polishing off her tea and bolting out the door and down the steps to Ava's apartment. The door handle was still burnt off and Y/n could have just walked in but she had better morals than that and knocked. From the other side of the door, she heard scrambling before the door opened, revealing Ava armed with her giant novelty pencil.