Chapter 10 - Picnic Preparations

3rd Pov

Y/n and Ava were peacefully resting and had no care upon the world. Well, Y/n didn't. Ava was sleeping but kept thinking about her promise with the Daemos. Ava had not told Y/n about the promise just yet so it would be a shocker for what was going to happen soon. The girls continued to rest. That is until...

1 AM

Ava woke up to Rhys looking at her. "Oh, good! You're awake!" Rhys said.

"No, I'm not..." Ava argued back fatigued. 

"But, you're talking?" Rhys questioned.

"Just," Ava started, "What do you want?"

"Remember your promise to take us out when the Sun rises," Rhys reminded.

"Is that it?" Ava asked.

"I have one more important thing to tell you," Rhys explained, "Remember to let the other Daemos eat ice-cream as well. It's important for our research."

"Are you just looking for an excuse to eat ice-cream?" Ava asked.

Stars shone in Rhys' eyes as he responded, his voice just above a whisper, "Yes~!"

"Why don't you just bother Y/n about it?" Ava said, her words slightly muffled by the pillow she was snuggling into. 

Rhys could still understand what Ava was asking and responded, "I tried, but she didn't show any signs of waking up."

"Alright then, I'm going back to sleep," Ava announced quietly. 

Rhys stood up from his crouching position and began to walk to the exit of Ava's bedroom. He opened the door and, just before leaving, whisper-yelled, "Don't forget!" Rhys exited the room. Ava groaned and, just as she was about to drift off to sleep, she heard faint chuckles from behind her. Ava turned to the source of the laughter.

It was Y/n! She was awake the whole time and was laughing because of how Rhys acted towards Ava. "Are you serious, N/n?" Ava whisper-yelled, "You were awake? Rhys said you didn't look like you would wake up!" Ava was obviously irritated. I mean- how would you feel if your best friend had been faking being asleep just so someone else would both you instead of them?

"You are the worst!" 

"Oh, I know." With that, the females went back to sleep.

2 AM

Ava was woken up by the sound of punching. She opened her eyes and saw Leif standing where Y/n was supposed to be sleeping. Leif was punching Ava's phone. 

"What the f-fudge are you doing?" Ava asked.

"Trying to get the Leif in your magic slab out to show him who's superior!" Leif said back.

"Where is Y/n?" Ava asked.

"Hell, if I know!" Leif said, resuming his punches.

"Why are you guys so dumb? Stop punching my phone!" Ava demanded.

"Make me!" Leif mocked. Ava grabbed her phone and put it between her breasts. (I feel so strange writing that!) "Uh, what is that supposed to do?" Leif asked. 

"Make you not want to grab it from my boobs because you respect my boundaries?" Ava said.

"I respect nothing!" Leif screeched, beginning to reach for the phone.