Dinner Date

I felt more than awkward at dinner. He offered dinner but I was just thinking of a noodle place, not a high-class restaurant. I felt underdressed in a button-up and slacks. This looked almost like a date. My cheeks felt flushed as people kept looking at us and whispering.

"You ok?" Hawks looked up from his menu looking concerned

"This is just a bit fancy for simply buying a coworker a meal" I laugh nervously

"Only the best for my employees," he remarked simply, "excuse me, sir, can we get a bottle of wine too?"

"Sir, I really don't think that's a great idea"

"Why not? I noticed you wanted to walk here, do you have a car at the office"

"I take the bus but-"

"Then it's decided" he interrupted me smiling brightly.

Once dinner was over I felt fuzzy and warm giggling

"Man kid, you really can't hold your alcohol can you" he laughed at my profuse giggling

"Just means I can easily have a good time"

"Let's get you home"

I pout, "why?"

"You're drunk enough" he got the check back tucking away his wallet.

I tried to stand with him but wobbled. I suddenly lost my balance but he caught me quickly chuckling. He held me by the hip as we walked so he could keep me upright.

"Where you live kid?"

I gave him my address. He wrapped an arm under my knees effectively sweeping me off my feet into his arms before taking off into the air. I shut my eyes tight wrapping my arms around his neck for support. It wasn't long till he slowly set me back on the solid ground in front of my apartment.

"You should get some sleep" he grabbed my arms that were still around his neck

"We never worked out today" I pouted

"I know. I'm sorry, next week we will, your wings are set and ready for strength building now" he assured

"We could do a little endurance training" I bat my eyes

"We can work on that when we get you in the air"

"I mean right now" I snake a hand to play with his hair in the back.

A flush dusted his cheeks, "As tempting as that is kid you are drunk. Go to bed before you do something you regret"

"Come on Hawks, I'm sure I wouldn't regret it" I ran my fingers gingerly down his chest.

He grabbed my hands to stop them, "Don't go playing with fire Dove, you are already gonna have a hangover tomorrow, I think you wanna be able to walk tomorrow" he spoke lowly making me blush.

He released my hands stuffing them in his pockets as he took to the skies yet again.

The morning came pounding with searing pain. I hunted down a Tylenol and water gulping it down quickly trying to remember yesterday. It flooded back making me cringe. I can't believe I tried to seduce my boss. Today was going to be weird. Fortunately, I wouldn't see him often except Wednesdays.

I got ready and headed to work already being an hour late. There were cameras and news crew around the building. I felt confused until a woman grabbed me by the wrist.

"Miss (L/N) I'm glad I found you. We need to head through the back today" She explained.

I followed her into the building and I was met with another woman looking annoyed.

"I'm pat from HR, Miss (L/N) come with me" she ordered

Just when I thought today couldn't get worse. She led me to get office where Hawks was already sitting pouting like a child in time out.

"Now that you're both here, care to explain this?" She tossed a newspaper on the desk.

On the front page was a picture of Hawks with a hand wrapped around my waist. We were both smiling and I had a hand on his chest. The headline read "Two 'love birds' caught leaving a restaurant after the date." My face flushed deeply gaping at it.

"I don't care what you do outside of work but when it affects the company I start having issues. I heard about that stunt you pulled all day literally sleeping on the job" She yelled

"Chill out, it's just a paper those vultures wrote. It will blow over. And yesterday was my fault. I was tired and had her as a glorified pillow" Hawks scrolled through his phone seeming not as worried anymore.

"You are literally front-page news! Being the number 3 hero has responsibilities and standards. If they think you're sleeping around your popularity will decrease" she pinched the bridge of her nose

"That's not the case, we can twist this in our favor" he showed her his phone screen, "The comments on social media about the paper are fairly positive. Celeb couples sometimes can gain more attraction in a positive manner. Although some female fans aren't happy many have latched onto the 'love birds' name-calling it a good pairing. If we pose as a couple we can get more interest for different modeling and fashion agencies"

My head was spinning. What is happening? Am I still in trouble? Am I gonna be fired? I spaced out when Hawks snapped in front of my face.

"Hey, earth to (L/N)"

"Sorry, accidentally spaced out. What's going on. Sorry"

"We have 2 options. Either we need to fire you and ignore the paper or you pretend to be my girlfriend for a while" he smirked

The HR manager was about to speak up but he gave her a look and she shut her mouth.

"I-i can't lose my job" I stumble over myself.

"Then it's decided, let's take advantage of this whole 'love birds' thing"

The HR manager pressed her lips together to a thin line before sucking in a breath, "Fine, do that" she shook her head, "Let this also be a lesson not to Zone out during meetings" she scolded

I could only pout and nod.

Hawks stood up happily, "I got a meeting so see you later" he did finger guns on his way out

Hawks POV

"I can't believe my luck! She wasn't even paying attention so I got the chance to set my terms!" I laugh my stomach already hurting

"I can't tell if that's cool or messed up. You basically cornered her into being your girlfriend" Rumi shook her head

"Fake Girlfriend, it's a limited-time deal. Just for a few months then we fake break up... unless I can get her to fall for me" I spin in my chair.

"You are being hella creepy you know" she points out

"You don't get it. Didn't you see her? She looks like a literal angel!"

"Ya ya I already got this shpeal" she stopped me

"I just want to hold her, give her all my time and attention. I wanna know what she likes and dislikes. We got to talk a lot at dinner and I swear with each topic I just fell deeper" I ramble