Star Gazing

The clock couldn't tick fast enough. I looked at it again realizing it was only 2 minutes since I last checked.

I had 7 minutes left before I could take her out. I had an entire plan. Sun down at 5:45 so I have almost an hour of time to take her out to eat before we can stargaze. I want to recreate our dinner date, then show her the stars.

The minute the time for work ended i lunged over my desk hurrying to the elevator. I made it to her desk as she was still logging out of her computer.

"Ready?"

"Almost, can we swing by my place first? I want to change out of my work clothes"

"Sure" I shrug, "We are stopping for food as well"

I was beyond giddy as I drove to her place.

We parked in her driveway, "Im going to change, I'll be quick"

She hurried inside. I felt a little sad she didn't invite me inside but it's fine. It didn't take long for her to come back in more comfortable clothing. What caught my attention was my feather necklace around her neck.

She noticed my stare and gave an awkward smile, "It reminded me of you so I thought I'd wear it"

"Reminded?" I felt my hopes raise

"Made me think of you. Sorry"

My hopes fell again. She looked guilty but I threw on a smile, "I gave it to you. I'm glad you're wearing it"

"Is it one of your feathers?" She stared at it curiously

"Yup, I have it to you to keep you safe,  if you ever get into trouble I'll know," I started towards the restaurant.

"How does that work" she laughed rolling her eyes

"I can feel all my feathers"

"All?"

"Each individual one. As long as it isn't destroyed or break"

She looked at my feather amazed. It took all my strength to keep paying attention to the road.

Finally we made it to the restaurant. She looked almost scared to enter, "This is...a bit fancy"

"Only the best" I smile getting the reservation I had reserved hours ago when I had this idea.

Once at the table I started simple conversation. I smiled widely as the server came around.

She stared at her menu but I lowered it making our eyes meet, "Can I try ordering for you? I know what you liked last time"

She smiled lightly nodding and closing the menu. I remembered what she liked and even what she said she would have preferred, ordering for us. This time I only let her have 1 glass of wine with dinner.

"Want dessert?"

Readers POV

A single slice of cake with 2 forks was placed between us. I felt a flush crawl across my face as he grabbed a fork.

This was like a real date. I flushed at just the idea of it. Hawks smiled happily holding his fork out to me with some of the dessert on it.

His eyes are what caught me off guard. His figure was relaxed resting his chin on his fist with his elbow on the table. His eyes held so much more emotion than I expected. The honey color swirled with a look of endearment.

He looked to the offered food and back to me. The hint was obvious making my flush deepen. I bit off the cake from his fork.

"Its good isn't it? Personal fav" he took a bite for himself.