One too many

"She avoided me ALL day!" I pouted leaning on my arms on the table, "I fucked it up"

"Did you try talking to her?" Mirko sipped at her drink

"She won't talk to me!" I huff taking another shot, "She doesn't even wear the feather regularly! Does she want to get kidnapped? How do I protect her when she won't let me"

"You need to slow down on those shots"

Readers POV

I almost dreaded tomorrow being Monday. I have to go back into work after the whole office accident. It's just so awkward.

I played with the little feather on a chain. I hadn't been wearing it lately but I couldn't see the point in it. Its a feather, wooptie-doo. I sighed placing it back in its box.

I was about to get into pjs when my phone went off. Unknown caller. I ignore it letting it go to voice-mail.

By the 3rd call I give in picking up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm sorry but we have your friend here at Heros Grub Pub"

"My friend? Who-?"

The caller hung up. Rude. I couldn't think of any friends... except... that one friend. Everyone has that one friend. I grab my keys heading out in the pouring rain.

I arrive meeting a server, "Are you (Y/N)?"

I confirm and am lead to a private room. When I enter I expect to see my drunk friend but instead see the number two hero giggling to himself while playing with a feather.

This couldn't help but remind me of when he flew my drunk ass home after getting me dinner. I kinda owed him one for that.

"Hawks, what are you doing here?"

He had a drunken flush on his face as he looked at me. He blinked slowly looking a bit confused.

"Ok Hawks. Time to pack up" he was not acting like himself right now

"Oh hey~ Who... wait (y/n)? Water you doing here?" The slur in his voice was prominent

"I was called in the middle of the night, in the pouring rain. To come drag your ass out of here"

"Fuck, don't look at me, I ave drunk" he covered his face lazily before rubbing it, "I've embarrassed"

"You're so drunk" I pinch the bridge of my nose.

He downed the last of his drink. I took this chance to pull him off the bar chair. He stumbled but regained his balance by flapping his wings.

"Whats the deal? You gonna take me home?"

"Yes, we need to get you home before you do something stupid" I start leading him out to my car trying my hardest to keep him upright

"So my place huh? You sure are forward"

I sigh buckling him into the passenger side, "Can you stop spewing nonsense?"

Warm lips hit my neck making me flinch back after securing the buckle, "Why you backing off kid?"

"Damnit Hawks stop embarrassing yourself"

"I just thought we had a connection? Right? You're hot I'm bad with fire and we...ya know...I don't know. Fuck words. I can't think for good"

I hurry to the driver's side and start heading to his address. He passed out pretty fast in the passenger side leaving the drive quiet.

Finally I needed to get him up to his house and get his keys. I hurried back to the passenger side and start searching his pockets for keys.