Special Surprise

Work was going as if it was normal. I did my work and went home. I had to be careful with my supervisor breathing down my neck about getting shit done. I finally was able to take lunch. I straightened my papers and stood only for Hawks to be standing at my cubicle doorway.

"Hey baby bird, I was wondering if you were free tonight?"

"Oh uh. We are scheduled to do the gym tomorrow so I'll see you then"

"I know but I want to see my girlfriend more than once a week" he emphasized the word girlfriend

I had nearly forgotten about this whole girlfriend deal. It's not like I would have to see him often. Just need to say I did, "Ok. I can do tonight after work"

"Sounds great. You going for lunch?"

"No, I brought my own"

"Great. Meet me in my office with it" he turned on his heel and left for his office.

I huff going to the break room to grab my food from the fridge before hopping in the elevator to get to Hawks office. Once there I walked in seeing Hawks unpacking his own lunch on his desk.

"So, Pat told me we need to get our story straight about our relationship"

"Ok? Well, what do we need to figure out?"

"We started dating recently. Say we met at the office. I didn't hire you"

"Sounds good, that it"

"Well it would probably be good to know my girlfriend" he chuckled.

"Suits our story. We are still new in the relationship. I don't open up very fast" I start eating starving since skipping breakfast

"Fine, but here" he slid a long thin box towards me.

"What's this?" I open it curiously to see one of his feathers attached to a necklace

"Since everyone will think you are my girlfriend you will most likely be targeted by villains trying to get to me. So here is one of my feathers so if you're ever in trouble I'll know"

"Wait. How can you do that through a feather?"

"I thought you didn't want to get to know me?" He smirked

"Whatever" I pulled the necklace on rolling my eyes going back to my food.

"So have we had sex yet in our story?"

I just about did a spit take, "What!? No"

"Just trying to get our story straight. Now how are your wings?"

"Fine. Getting in the way as usual"

"Don't be so mean to yourself dove. I don't get how you can choose not to use them"

"Shit happens ok? Being a hero just wasn't an option for me anymore"

"You should eat more protein. You need it for the work is we'll be don't tomorrow" he forked off some of his lunch into mine

"Hawks I can't eat all that"

"Yes, you can. Eat up. You need your strength"

It was no use arguing with him. I ate everything before leaning back in my chair.

"Hey, Dove?"

"Hm?" I peek a look at him as he stands

"I just" he kneeled in front of me between my legs making my eyes snap open grabbing my attention, "Wanna sit here" his arms wrapped around my waist and he rested his head on my side nuzzling into place