3.Prolouge:Welcome to the Kingdom

____________________________________

~*~

When the maids found Kuyo's bed empty, they knew something was wrong.
They searched the enormous palace high and low twice.
Nothing.
Til the checked his room once again
A note on the bed rest
Could it be?

~*~
Dear Family,
Whoever is reading the message, whether it be the maids, guards or my dear children.
You know I see every single one of you as family yes?
I can't live here anymore, I can't rule without him.
He was everything to me
My dear children, you all mean the world to me and you know that,
But father has to go on a trip. A trip that might take weeks for me to return from.
I pray you'd don't forget all I taught you, all your father taught you.
Tis time we part ways dear ones, but not for long, I shall see you all very soon loves

Your King
Kuyo

"The ink is still wet, so he can't be far!" The guards stratigized and broke off into groups of 3.

Meanwhile Remi was panicking
And Arlos heart beat at the back of his throat.
He read that note over, and over, and over, and over.
Was his father bloody serious?!
Leaving them out of the blue?!
Outrageous!
Why?
The young prince turned on his heel and stormed off to his room with his pink haired sister trailing behind him.
He would've slammed the door behind him but stopped.
A note, on his bed
He paused at the door
Remi looked at him
He picked it up

To my Dear son Arlo

My boy, I am deeply sorry for leaving you and your sisters on such short notice, but I fear its necessary.
My boy there are so many things I wish to speak with you about, so much to show you, to teach you.
My little sunshine, you and your sister have such a good bond, take care of her while I'm gone
Remember I love you both

Your Father
Kuyo

Tears spilt over the edges of his eyes.
So he really was leaving them huh?
What if he didn't come back?
What if he finds someone else and starts a new family with them and forgets about them?
What if he dies?
So many What Ifs ran around his head.

~*~

After a week straight of searching various forests, city's, villages and even taking to search different kingdoms and they came up with nothing, they gave up.
If someone knew how to disappear, it was Kuyo.

By decision of the royal council, and after much consideration, Arlo and Remi were to be crowned the youngest King and Queen in Wellston history.

Arlo was summoned to the council room unexpectedly one morning.

He knocked on the door and entered.

"Good day, you all wanted to speak with me?" He walked up to the table and bowed in respect.

They all stood and bowed back.
"Yes young master," Adolph spoke, the oldest member of the council, who was around 78 years of age with thinning brown hair, faded yellow eyes and a thin frame in modest white robes. "So sorry disturb you at such an early time of the morning."

"No, no. Its alright, I should most likely get accustomed to being up early anyways, but you said you had an announcement...?"

Adolph looked at his members and nodded.
"We would like you to take a new council to guide your rein Arlo."

Arlo was shell shocked.
They want him to what?!

"What?! Why?" He gaped. He didn't want to believe what he just heard!

Adolph rested a gentle hand on the young boys shoulder. "I know this might be hard Arlo, but its for the best. You need a team if fresh, young minds to guide you."

"But still Adolph! The people know you all well, and they are accustomed to all of you, and you have always given the best advice! Remi and I.....We can't do this without you Adolph, any of you!" He exclaimed.

Adolph gave him a smile that he knew well. "Oh dear boy, like i said. It is for the best. But not all of us are leaving. Such as Vaughn. He has only been here for a year so he'll be staying as well as Magnus and Hugo."

Arlo was relieved hearing this.
At least some would still be here.

"But older people such as myself, Hemana, Timothy, Una and Carlos, we will be taking our leave."

"But-" Arlo began.

"Please don't make this harder than it already is Young master. We have served the throne valiantly for decades, for Rei and his father as well. We are getting old and weak, we aren't as strong as we used to be, and when it comes to the royals safety, strength is needed, and we don't have that."

Arlo wanted to stay strong, but he felt a stray tear drip down his face.
He pulled Adolph into a tight hug, he didn't want to let go.

He pulled away and sniffed.
"Where will you go then?"

"I might take a job in the archives. So I'll still be around..."

Arlo smiled a bit.

~*~

The coronation came.
He was nervous
He kept shifting his collar and trousers.
Remi came though the door.
"Hey, what are you doing?"
"Oh nothing."
He turned around.
Remi wore a beautiful lavender pink dress with pearls and Diamonds
A dress fit for a queen.
"Come on, they're waiting for us."
She took her brothers hand and dragged him all the way downstairs.

On that day, July 10th, Arlo and Remi were crowed the Youngest King and Queen in Wellston history.

They appointed Blyke as the Jack, Isen as the Jacks guard, Cecile as the Royal advisor, their cousin Seraphina as the Ace, Holden, Ventus and Meili as the Royal guards, Elaine and Darren as the nurses, Keene as head of Security and Vaughn the head of the Royal Council and so many different changes to the palace.

~*~

____________________________________