Chapter 23: To Live pt.2

Johns P.O.V~

John was curious about this island nonetheless, who wouldn't be?

At first, he was hesitant, but gave in to curiosity and swam to the island, washing up on the shore.

He sat up and looked around, nothing much, just a plain island filled with trees and bushes. The island was about the size of ten different islands, basically eight different kingdoms, along with four smaller islands not too far off.

The first thing he picked up was that he was naked.

Ass cheeks, abs, balls and head to toe naked.

Most would immediately use whatever they have to cover their private areas, but this is John we're talking about.

He stood their proudly, stretching his arms and legs after a few thousand years of not using them.

His now rapunzel long hair was dragging behind him. It was so long that even though he was standing on land, his hair was still in the ocean.

How long was he sleep?

Judging by how much plant life had grown around him underwater, he'd say about a few thousand years. Not very long. The last time he took a nap he missed about four empires fall, which took three thousand years and was bummed River didn't wake him up to see.

But John didn't let that ruin his fun.

He decided that since he was here,he might as well set up.

As far as he could sense, no other being resided on this island, only animals. And he could see that not too far off, maybe a few miles or so, seven more islands stood.

The first thing he did was build a small hut where he could sleep and then used his ability to redirect a water stream to the back. He ploughed fields, grew plants and fruits, and spent one month setting up everything he needed to survive.

He spent a thousand years like this. A thousand years growing different plants, a thousand years playing with lions and goats, trying to make them get along so they don't kill each other as often, a thousand years living on the island alone and tamming ravens and crows, not having to where any clothes. He even made a cloak out of lion skin, which he wore often.

But that all changed, the day large ships started docking themselves on the beach shore.

Men and women began to clamber down laders and walk down planks. They dawned heavy sharp looking weapons, hundreds of them.

John hid himself and his pet lioness, Mongër and pet goat, Julez behind a few trees and bushes and watched quietly.

A sixth ship docked and the army from the five others lined up and the plank dropped, and John watched a pink haired male saunter down, all bowing as he past. He wore a richly decorated white suit of diamonds, pearls, emeralds and pins. He stood tall, dawning a quite heavy looking crown, similar to what his father wore everyday on his throne. Perhaps this was a king sailing around to claim new land? Or maybe a prince looking to create a name for himself? Either one was bad news for him.

You see, he's still in his demon form. He had been for the past thousand years. It's his original form, and he smelled like thick smoke and the direction the wind was blowing, they'd smell him soon due to the invisible smoke emitting from his skin, and everyone knows what a demon looks like, and they might not hesitate to try and kill him on sight.

He had to play this safe.

Just after that, a boy came waltzing after him he was maybe tweleve to thirteen years old. He was blonde and had light amber eyes. He was a thin child, his tight suit made it obvious. The poor boy looked like he was about to snap in half. He had a similar face shape to the previous man man before him, maybe this was his son.