Chapter 8: The Aces Tower

Johns P.O.V~

THUD!
John rubbed his nose. Goodness, did he just fall off his bed? He looked around. Yes, he just fell off his bed. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. What was the time? He stood up and felt around till he found his oil lamp and the matches. His striked the match against the box and lit the lamp.

Orange flames sprung to life in the small space as John held the light to the clock on his wall. 2am.

He sighed. He'd only slept for about an hour. He and Adrion had escorted Arlo to his bedchamber at 10pm, but it took an additional 2 hours for him to get to bed because all the day shift guards also got off the same time as him, so the bathrooms were full of sweaty men, and he could not handle that type of exposure. But of course, Adrion dragged him anyways and was forced to strip and shower with other men eyeing him. Goodness gracious, could you think of anything more embarrassing? Ugh, why Adrion, why?

John wiped his sweaty forehead and sighed. His head hurt and he couldn't sleep now. He set down his oil lamp on his nightstand. He had nothing else to do, so he opened his window.

The was cold and abrasive against his skin. The sky was clear and he was we to see the stars, the stars that he hadn't seen in what felt like forever. The clouds covered the moon. He sat at the ledge. His window overlooked the sea on the 14th floor, which meant he was one flight of stairs up away was from Arlo, and one flight down from Adrion. He was tempted to leave his room and wake up his friend, but decided against it, Adrion got very cranky when he didn't vet enough sleep and John didn't want to jeopardize his chances of keeping his knee cap privileges. He leant up against the frame.

He inhaled the salty air
And he inhaled something else
Sulfur
He hitched back as his vision blurred and he felt sharp pain behind his eyes.

~*~

He fell to the floor, but he kept falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
And falling
For what felt like forever
Till BOOM!
He hit the floor

He rolled around and held his ribs.
He felt around for something, anything to hold. Nothing. He managed a stand in his own.

The room was filled with red mist.
He heard their voices, echoing in his mind. The room spun. He couldn't make a step without falling. He staggered and stubbled over bodies.

Body after body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body
After body

When will this madness end?

"ňєνєя"

What?

" ţһıs mѧԀňєss ɰıʟʟ ňєνєя ţяuʟʏ єňԀ. mѧԀňєss һѧs ňo єňԀ. ɰє ѧяє mѧԀňєss, ɰє ѧяє ċһѧos, ıţ's ѧ pѧяţ oғ ʏou, so ɰһʏ Ԁєňʏ ıţ? єmɞяѧċє ʏouя ţяuє sєʟғ, ċʟѧım ʏou'яє һєяıţѧɢє ѧňԀ ɞє oňє ɰıţһ ţһє ɞʟooԀ ţһѧţ ғʟoɰs ıň ʏou'яє νєıňs, oňʟʏ ţһєň ʏou ɰıʟʟ ɞє ғяєє "