Chapter 11: A field of Orchids

Arlos P.O.V~

So the arrangements were set. From now on, Adrion would be his personal guard and John was his companion. He didn't get it at first, but he understood why Broven wanted John and Adrion separated.

They were a team. A duo. They worked well together and had perfect understanding of one another and knew each other like they knew their own minds.

But, they needed to be apart. Arlo wanted to see how long they could last before one, or both, cracked. They needed to be pushed to their absolute limits. They would be strong apart and even better together.

Adrion mentioned he was scared of heights, so he put him on the 13th floor, where help was just a flight of stairs away.

John on the other hand, doesn't work well under pressure, so Arlo would have to pressure him. Little by little, but as the blond thought more about the plan, the more it didn't seem like a good idea. What if it hurt them rather than strengthening them?

He kept his composure and tried to relax. Everything will be fine, it always has been, always will be.

He pushed those thoughts aside and put his attention to the work in front of him. It wasn't exactly ' work ' per say. More like, personal research. It was past 2am on Saturday morning as he leant his head back against the headboard of his bed. He had his oil lamp on and he rubbed his eyes.

He bed was soft and comfortable, but large, spacious and lonely. He had too much to himself, it was a king size bed after all. He wants to share it. Sometimes he wished he had anything, something, someone to fill that ever growing space in his bed.

He let his eyes settle on his notes.

______________________________
{Demons}
______________________________

4th | 4 | 20XX

There are five levels of hellhounds, the fifth being the strongest and breathes different types of fires.

Hell is ruled by Lucifer (aka: The Lord of Darkness, The King of Demons, The Ruler of The Dead and The King of Hell/The Underworld) & his eights sons, the princes of the underworld.
______________________________

6th | 4 | 20XX

Hells barrages are always in front of the army. Young and underdeveloped demons(0-500 years old) smell like sulfur. Grown demons(700+) smell like heavy thick smoke. The scales on their skin emit the smell.

The color of a demons form/war form mimics their mood, almost always red. Lucifer and his sons forms/war forms are black.

Gateways to hell rarely spawn in caves or forests, only if someone opens one on purpose. They open naturally in open places like a flower field, as long as any natural light is touching it.
______________________________

He, reluctantly, picked up his quill and wrote one last thing.
______________________________

Only the sons of Lucifer can wield a Fyre Spear without shriveling to ashes.
______________________________

He closed his notepad, turned off his light and fell asleep.

~*~

Johns P.O.V~

It was hard to breath when smoke billowed all around you. No matter how much you wave you're hands, cover you're mouth and nose or hold you're breath, it will still inflame you're lungs and airway, making them swell and block oxygen, causing distress syndrome and respiratory failure, then you suffocate, then die.

That's what it felt like for John, except it was with words. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't speak. He could talk if he wanted to, but it wasn't easy. It was no where near easy for him.