Chapter 26: To Live pt.5 (final)

With the Queen and King of Verland dead, someone had to step up as ruler.

Of course, it couldn't be Míchallin, he was already King of his own country, in which he still hasn't named yet.

But it couldn't be Marabella either

As much as she was the older sibling, she didn't want to rule the kingdom, that's not what she wanted. Even if it was what she wad raised to do.

But going by the ridiculous laws, only if the King did not have a son, then the eldest daughter shall be crowned, and she was sort of thankful. What she despised, was her father flipping that rule on it's head and sending Míchallin to start his own country, which meant when Cadmus and Vivaldi revoked their crowns, or died in their case, Marabella would be crowned Queen of Verland.

That also meant she had to wear a heavy crown and cape, hold a jewel encrusted staff, and make announcements to the people at a balcony everyday, for the rest of her life. She didn't mind having to where dresses though, she liked them, especially the sleeveless ones as they made her muscles show, and she could flex them to whoever happened to be looking. Plus the maids and knights would swoon.

Then there was the matter of children.

Oh Marabella wasn't very fond of children.

She didn't mind them, really, she just didn't want any of her own. She preferred to have pets, like cats, dogs and she has a few birds too.

Many of the old fashioned folk didn't like her, due to her "unlady like" behavior, but she didn't see it that way.

And returning to the problem at hand;

Who would rule Verland?

Definitely not her, but she can't just leave her homeland....

Or maybe.....

-

"I'm selling Verland," she said.

Míchallin looked absolutely astounded. Looking up from his paperwork in his private study, he looked her in the eye.

"Your what?" He asked, putting down his quil and ink, giving her his full attention.

"You heard me Míchallin, I'm selling Verland," she said sternly, expecting an argument to insue.

But seeing the determined look in her eyes, how could he not support her decision?

He chuckled a bit.
"Aright."

"Yeah, and you can't- wait, what?"

"I said alright Mara," the blonde repeated once again.

"You won't try to stop me? I'm literally selling our homeland. If the trade goes well, you'll be known as 'The King from a country that no longer exists'!"

Míchallin leaned back in his chair.
"Have I ever told you that you tend to overthink things? I don't care about that. It's your call sis, I won't stop you."

She hugged him tightly.
"Thank you so much Míchallin!"

"No problem. Now please let go, your biceps are cutting off the blood circulation to my head."

She let go and smiled awkwardly.

"Does John know?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's fine with it."