Chapter 20: Forever and A Bit Longer with You in The Blood Forest

No One's P.O.V~

Well, today was the day. Today was July 30th. Arlo's twenty-first birthday.

Royals from Kingdoms far and near were attending. Safe to say John was more than nervous. He'd stayed with Arlo that night once more, after getting a strange feeling that they were being watched during dinner.

Arlo woke him up at four am to help him get dressed.

He picked out the most elegant suit he owned and tried it on, along with others. Arlo was extremely nervous, and seemed on edge the entire day. The party only started at seven pm.

Servants were scrambling around all day to prepare the decorations and food, making sure the tables were set. Flower bouquets were being arranged, food was being made. Everything seemed to be going according to plan.

There was just one small issue;

Arlo was acting strange.

John had stayed with him for the next two days after dinner, and in that time, he'd grown a bit cold and slightly distant. John really didn't care that much, but it felt upsetting to be ignored by someone you cared for.

He ignored it at first, but now, it was starting to get quite noticable and it was starting to bug him now.

Of course Arlo was quite jittery. They were holding a ball on his birthday, inviting as many kingdoms as possible. John couldn't blame him for wanting space. He was being sassier than usual.

He shoved John away when he got close, ignored his questions, etc.

But he couldn't worry about that, he had other things to take care of.

At 6:45 pm, he time had come. Carriages began arriving and royals stepped out. Trumpets blared as each court entered.

Wellston Palace, Ballroom

The siblings gave the many kingdoms a warm heartfelt welcome.

Broven made himself quite at home and began eating the all the mini sandwiches he could fit in his mouth, whilst his sister Rein just laughed and sipped tea with Gou, who seemed to be stealing shrimp from the food bar.

The royals from Trinity were miling around with the royals from Maethadon and Quincer.

The Dame royals were chatting it up with the Esther royals near the chocolate fountains.

Then the New Bostin royals arrived, and quite the entrance.

Zirian was dolled up as always, his hair swept backwards and his crown was slightly tilted. Oliver stood next to him, his suit was a light beige, a similar color to his hair. And their Queen, Yuma. Her light gray hair was cut short and her crown complimented her pink eyes quite well. She and Zirian were both twenty-five and had been married for two years.

Arlo scoffed and walzed over.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't loverboy," he sneered in the greenette's face.

The king rolled his eyes.
"Oh haha, says the man who still looks like a rusty pole," he teased.

Arlo shoved his shoulder, earning a kick to the shin.

"You still use the same insults," the blonde chided. "Is your vocabulary that limited?"

Oliver chuckled and while Zirian just sighed.
"Oh yes yes, says the puta imcompetenté, who still can't seem to land himself a wife." He gestured to his left, where Yuma stood laughing her ass off.