Chapter 15: Dahlia's, Forgivness and a Night in my Room

Johns P.O.V~

He reluctantly followed his king down the path.

His boots sank into the mud if he stood too long, mosquitoes and bugs buzzed and flew in his face. It didn't really bother him, but Arlo on the other hand, was swatting and flailing his arms around like crazy. Holden and Adrion attempted to help, but with swords in hand, that didn't make much sense.

So John sheathed his knife and use his hand to shoo the bugs away, earning a sigh of relief from his king.

"Goodness gracious, thank you John, sweet trinity!" Arlo sighed, panting.

The group continued.

The paw prints were large, but they went off in two directions. Only John noticed. One set kept the same size and went down a hill deeper into the forest filled densely with tall trees.

The second set got increasingly smaller and smaller, until it went down a hill disappeared into a dark cave.

John, quietly, broke away from the group, disappearing into the bushes.

Thankfully, no one noticed he was gone.

He held his torch and carefully stepped over sticks that might snap, and pushed through bushes till he made it to the entrance.

It was wide open and not very tall, maybe 4 feet in height. John could fit if he crouched. But he didn't know if the cave got bigger or smaller, wider or thinner. If it opened into a bigger cave, or if it dropped down into some sort of chasm.

To test it, John picked up a small rock and threw it in.

It only took about a second or so for the rock to hit the floor.

What John did not expect was to hear a deep growl and for a pair of eyes to light up orange before him.

He flinched. He backed up a bit, but stopped when the threatening growls turned into sad and pained whining.

He kneeled down and patted his thighs lightly.

Tat

Tat

Tat

Tat

Out the cave emerged a 120-130 pound dog. Matte black fur and burnt gold eyes like his.

Diablo

His paw was bleeding badly, as an snuffed out arrow stuck out of it.

Diablo whined and limped over to him in a trail of bloody paw prints and laid his head on Johns lap.

He pat his head. John felt bad. He hurt his dog!

Diablo continued to whine. John turned his paw over and carefully removed the arrow out his paw. John threw it aside and ripped off a piece of his clothing and wrapped it tightly around Díablos paw.

Thankfully, Diablo was able to stand better and walk without limping.

Unfortunately, Diablo being happy, caused him to revert back to his ten foot tall, five headed form, which also shook the trees and just caused a ruckus. He was about to howl, but John snapped his fingers.

The hound looked down, cocking all five heads to the side. John gestured for him to come closer, and when he did, John scratched behind the middle heads ear and Diablo immediately shrunk back to his 130 pound, one headed form.

He sighed in relief. He thought that maybe he could sneak him back, but of course, with his luck, that wasn't possible.

Snap