Chapter 15: Never Question The Lucky Charm

---Marinette's POV---

Yeah I was definitely distracted. I had way too many close calls on my way to The Eiffel Tower, that I was glad that the people nearby couldn't see me. Don't think I have ever been this grateful to an akuma kidnapping people, but whatever. 

What was I supposed to feel like? There was a 100 percent probability that Rose was akumatized because of me. She even said so! I was still mad at the class, but that didn't stop me from feeling bad about causing this.

Is it possible to feel so many completely opposite feelings at once? I was furious at Rose for not believing me in class, I was furious at her for getting akumatized over me, I was furious at her for not standing up for me more, I was furious at her for not knowing me well enough to recognize that I was right in front of her despite the fact that I've known her since we were little.

I was glad that she didn't recognize me, glad that I apparently mattered that much to her, glad that she cared at all, glad that she wasn't hurting many people right now, glad that she apparently believed me now, glad that I had known her.

I was sad that I would never be able to make her feel al the way better, sad that she was probably not the only one who felt like that, sad that her fears would fall on my shoulders to fix when I'm the one that caused them.

I was confused that she cared now after believing Lila so quickly earlier, I was confused that she was so determined to protect me now, that she got akumatized over me, confused that Rose could even feel this upset about me missing.

I was panicked that Rose was just the first of the people who would be akumatized because of me, I was annoyed that out of all of my friends, it was Rose who felt negative enough for this to happen, powerful that I could spark such a reaction, shameful that I felt powerful about this.

Confusion, happiness, anger, panic, annoyance, sadness, shamefulness, pride. Weren't these all things that I was mad at my friends for doing? Was I wrong here? Clearly Rose still cared about me, or this wouldn't happen. What about the others trapped in the Eiffel Tower. Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale, XY, and Nadia Chamack. Did they deserve to be upset because I was so... 

No. I didn't do anything wrong here. I was so close to snapping that there was an actual akuma headed towards me. Besides, I made my choice and it was too late to go back. What was I supposed to do?

A hard hit broke my train of thought and brought me back to the battle at hand. I was sent flying, but I was lucky enough to be sent to The Eiffel Tower, which is where I wanted to go anyway. 

I climbed to the top of the landmark, careful not to look down at the faces of those who had gathered to find me. If I looked, I wouldn't be able to get the job I needed to done. 

I could hear Cat Noir climbing behind me, admittedly slower as he was batteling an army of plants bending to Tearlip's will. He trusted me enough to not ask for my plan. I had to trust him to keep me safe while I came up with one.

"LUCKY CHARM!"

From the sky, I caught something relatively small. A pair of scissors. 

---Adrien's POV---

Scissors. SCISSORS?! That was what her Kwami had BLESSED this poor distracted angel with to defeat HUDREDS of enemies that can't feel pain? What else but a pair of measly scissors. Why not... I don't know, WEED KILLER OR SOMETHING?! Nope! Blades ment to cut paper.

"What are you going to do Milady, cut the vines open?"

She thought for a minute, before jumping onto one of the branches I was fighting to keep away from her.

"Exactly Kitty!"

Before I knew what was happening, she pulled me onto the branch with her yoyo and grabbed my belt. Yeah, she had a plan. One that was risky, weird, and downright stupid, but then again, what Lucky Charm centered plan wasn't?

I chased her as she ran down the branch, hitting away what she couldn't dodge with my baton. She ran faster and faster, on a downward slope, jumping branches and vines where they intersected, until she got close to Tearlip.

She broke the scissors in so the she was wielding two blades. Then, Ladybug attached one blade to either side of my belt, turning into a pair of dangerously sharp nunchucks. 

"Cat Noir, use your baton and aim for her head!"

I had learned a while ago not to question her when she had a plan. I did as I was told and carefully aimed for Tearlip and shot it out.

Tearlip moved to dodge and moved her hands up to protect her face. Ladybug threw the makeshift nunchucks at her, cutting the flower she was holding in half before landing in the dirt behind her. A small, but recognizable butterfly flew out of the flower stem.

"No more evildoing for you little akuma! TIME TO DE EVILIZE!" I watched her do her thing in admiration. She never failed to finish the fight no matter what was going on in the backround.

"Bye bye little butterfly."

Ladybug jumped off the plant we were standing on and picked up the nunchucks. She removed the scissor pieces and threw them up in the air,

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

The familiar magic bugs went around the city fixing the damage done by Tearlip, who was now a very confused Rose sitting on the ground. The people trapped in The Eiffel Tower started filing out and finding the people that had managed to get away.

"Pound it!"

"What happened?"

I bent down to comfort Rose, like we tended to do for most victims, but Ladybug started to leave.

"Where are you going Bugaboo?"

"I made a promise to talk to someone after the fight. You can take care of Rose right?"

She didn't even wait for an answer before swinging away. Since I didn't use my cataclysm this time, I had plenty of time to spare, yet after making sure that everyone was alright I sped off. Something was wrong with Ladybug and I was going to find out what.