Chapter 37: A Wake Up Call

She would also have known that the reason Rose was akumatized was because Julika didn't want to look for her. She would have known that the majority still trusted Lila.

.--Nino's POV--

Relatively soon after the attack was over, Cat Noir brought an embarrassed Sabrina back to the classroom. Lila was nowhere to be seen, and Alya still hadn't returned, but Ivan and Chloe had, and my main man Adrien came through shortly after claiming he somehow got on the roof and needed time to get down.

People got in the craziest situations sometimes. Alya once ended up on top of The Eiffel Tower, Max was somehow inside a giant bubble it wasn't me, the akuma literally had nothing to do with bubbles , I once got stuck on top of the Louvre. It's honestly normal.

The fact that Alya still wasn't here worried me though. Ivan told us where he left her, and Cat Noir confirmed where she was last he saw her, but there was no way that she couldn't have made it back to the classroom if everything was fine. 

Was her ankle still hurt? I didn't want to leave her alone, but I did promise Marinette that I would visit her after school today. 

Just as the bell rang, I felt a buzz in my pocket. Pulling out my cell, I saw that two people had messaged me, not recognizing one of the numbers:

[Als: Hey im fine. needed 2 do something at home quick. Do me a favor and pull up the ladyblog plz. Show it to the class.

Als: And grab my stuff plz. u da best!]

[UNKNOWN NUMBER: Hey, this is Marinette. I got a new phone. It's pretty basic but it can text and call. No facetime tho cuz the camera doesnt work]

I smiled a little when I saw that Marinette could message me. 

[ UNKNOWN NUMBER: might not be a gr8 idea to save  me under my name though if someone has acces 2 ur phone]

I thought back to earlier in the day where I told the whole class my kinda embarrassing password in a panic over the akuma.

[Number saved as EmDeeCi ] (MDC)

[You: Thx girl. U saved as EmDeeCi now. Ill be there quick there was an akuma and i knead to drop stuff at alyas.

You: Need not knead]

I walked up to where Alya had left her stuff and grabbed her bag. Then, to the front of the class where Alya's USB drive was with the video of Lila. 

While I was grabbing the USB, Adrien brushed past me, and in front of the entire class, I fell a little and accidentally opened a part of the video we hadn't watched due to the akuma attack cutting it short. Maybe it wasn't even supposed to be on there at all, I didn't know. All I knew, is that Lila was getting in a looot of trouble if she ever dared to show her face in this class again.

"Nino and Marinette were dating behind your back."

"EXCUSE ME?!"

Someone gonna die. She's gonna freaking die.

---Alya's POV---

I must've been going crazy. Mad with grief over losing Marinette that I was projecting her on anyone who looked similar, because the thought that Marinette was Ladybug was looking more and more plausible.

My thought train was broken momentarily by hearing the sounds of marching in the streets. People trying to hunt down Liar Rossi most likely. Idiot really, forgot to check if I was streaming or filming before monologuing. Then again, if my hunch was right about Marinette, was I any smarter?

This is crazy! I'm crazy! This. This is stupid and silly and WRONG! Because if Marinette were Ladybug, then she'd have seen two akumas by now who were caused by her! She would have had to look the victims in the eye and not say anything! She'd...

She'd have been there hours after. She would have heard what I said, seen how I reacted. She would have known how torn up the class was!

Which means that she would also have known that the reason Rose was akumatized was because Julika didn't want to look for her. She would have known that the majority still trusted Lila. She would have seen how... She saw me with Lila.

Ladybug saw me with Lila. She saw me hugging Lila, badmouthing Marinette with Lila, comforting Lila, everything. 

I brought up a document on my computer and began a list. 

Marinette Dupain-Cheng
Kind
Brave around akumas
Clumsy
Clever
Generous
Quick Thinking
Outgoing
Creative
Serious when necessary
Can deal with Chloe
Everyday Ladybug

The things most often used to describe Marinette. Her essence. Her personality. The things that make her unique and her. The things that nobody could copy. for better or worse. 

I opened up the post I had made on the Ladyblog on the other half of the screen and checked the comments. Every post encouraging and kind, filling the requirements I put on:

"Ladybug, You're so kind to me when we meet. Even briefly. You always try to help the people around you when you can. Feel better!" Kind, Generous, and Outgoing.

"You're so smart! I swear, I'd never be able to come up with half the things you do with the lucky charms." Creative, Clever, and Quick thinking.

"This is ridiculous. The girl doesn't need cheering up blogger girl, she needs to focus on getting her act together. I've seen her fall and get thrown around way too many times. Queen Bee is way better" Clumsy and can deal with Chloe.

"I think she just needs to have a bit more fun. She takes things really seriously, but you can tell that there's a playful side to her, you know?" Serious when necessary.

No no no no no. Everything matches up. Except for her... 

Shoot. Even her clumsiness can be explained. Enhanced physical abilities. Enhanced agility. I had experienced it firsthand as Rena Rouge. It was a rush the first time, being able to jump that high. 

There was so getting out of it. All signs pointed towards one truth.

Marinette is Ladybug.

(A/N Sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter out)