Chapter 53: A Long Walk

(*** Quietly drops update and runs away hoping nobody notices how long it's been***)

When did things get so complicated?

---Marinette's POV--

Luckily, the building was evacuated when the akuma started blowing things up. It wasn't in the greatest shape, but it would work long enough to feed Tikki. 

"That was close huh?" Tikki hummed.

"The landing could have been better." I joked, holding up a cookie for Tikki.

I rubbed a bruise on my arm. I had landed pretty hard, even if I tried to slow myself down. It wasn't broken, but it would definitely be sore for a while even with the miraculous cure. 

"Are you okay Marinette?"

I sighed. 

"Monarch is still out there. I can't risk-"

"That's not what I asked."

"I don't want anyone to-"

"Marinette."

Tikki stopped eating and flew closer to my face. Her large eyes full of worry. 

"Are you okay?"

I could feel my face go a little pink. 

"It's my fault." I finally whispered, and felt a hot tear streak down my cheek. "Have you noticed Tikki? All the more recent akumas have been my fault."

I sat down and leaned against a wall.

"I- I messed up. It's all my fault."

"The only person to blame is Hawkmoth. You didn't make them, he did."

"Maybe, but I'm still the person who caused the negative emotion in the first place. "

"Marinette-" Tikki rested in my hand and hugged my thumb. She gently laid the rest of the cookie down next to her. "-Emotions are what they are. They aren't necessarily negative or positive, Hawkmoth twists them to fit himself. You are no more responsible for akumatizations than anybody else in Paris."

I smiled, still upset. 

"Stupid Lila."

Tikki laughed, then finished her cookie.

"We can talk more later. I believe you have an akuma who needs your attention right now."

"Tikki, SPOTS ON!"

---Adrian's POV---

When did things get so complicated?

My best friend and his girlfriend are superheroes. The love of my life sits right behind me in class. Calm, quiet, sweet Marinette was, and is, the beautiful, brave, and kind Ladybug. Marinette, Ladybug, ran away. Nino knows more than he's letting on, Alya was being weird and cagey tonight, and oh yeah, I JUST SAW LADYBUG TRANSFORM IN FRONT OF ME!

Before I can even think about what to tell Ladybug, I see a message come through from her.

[LB: Meet me by the eiffel tower. Ive got an idea. ]

Even in the worst circumstances she could always come up with a plan to get out of it.

I was about to head out when I got another message from her.

[LB: dont use your staff. stupid face lila will be watching for that ]

I looked back to the roof one more time. As always, Ladybug was right. She was peering over the edge of the rooftop searching for something, namely me and LB. 

I put my staff away and began to walk. It gave me time to think at the very least.

Marinette was Ladybug. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. It somehow made complete sense and broke everything I ever thought at the same time.

 Marinette was clumsy. Ladybug was extremely athletic and had incredible reflexes.

But Marinette was always scary good at picking herself back up. And the miraculous had definitely increased my agility too.

Marinette was shy. Ladybug had this incredible confidence.

But Marinette never let her awkwardness define her. And that was never what people thought when she stood up for herself or for others. Plus she was only ever shy around a few people.

Marinette would think through every possible outcome of every decision. Ladybug sometimes wouldn't think things through enough.

But Ladybug had less time to think things through. Lives were on the line and decisions had to be made fast.

Marinette was kind and knew everything about everyone. Ladybug always seemed to know the akumas story before they did. 

Ladybug was brave and courageous. Marinette stood up for her friends whenever they needed it. Whether to school bullies, people in power, or akumas, she would always protect us.

Ladybug was hot headed at times, and so was Marinette. 

Marinette was impulsive at times, and so was Ladybug.

Ladybug had seemed to heavily dislike the people who treated Marinette badly, but still always protected them.

Marinette never EVER got upset at an akuma for what they did while akumatized. 

Ladybug was beautiful and strong. She knew me better than I knew myself sometimes, and she would do whatever it takes to make somebody smile.

Marinette is wonderful and smart. She always makes me laugh. 

She is incredible. Inside and out.

(A/N Ok in all seriousness, Wattpad has kind of taken a back seat lately. I've had a lot of issues and had to prioritize things to focus on, and unfortunately The Missing Purrincess wasn't very high on the list. On top of that, I know that the story is coming to its conclusion, and I want to do it right. I never imagined that my stupid little fanfiction would ever get this many reads, and if I'm being honest I never planned the whole thing out. I'm going to try my best to get back to writing when I can, and I have been working hard on trying to tie up all the loose ends in the book in a satisfying way. I love writing, and I love this community. Thank you for sticking with me this long, honestly.)