Chapter 2

Cedric's POV:

No. It's can't be her. It has to be a coincidence. I probably just saw her wearing those shoes and remembered them. The robes...most likely because of me being in Hufflepuff. Nothing to do with Juniper. Yes, she's kind, and loyal, and beautiful, and smart- but that doesn't mean I dream about her... This is the first time I've actually had a conversation with her. I've seen her around, but I don't think she knew who I was even though we're in the same house. Whenever I would walk into the common room, she was always either reading a book or talking with her friends. I never really made a big deal out of her until a week ago when we came back to Hogwarts and I saw her shoes.

I haven't told anyone about my dreams, and don't think I will any time soon. I'm not trying to get people to think I'm going insane- especially Juniper. Imagine how you would feel if someone came up to you and said "hey! I've been having dreams about you where you looked dead!" yeah. No. I don't even know if it is her- which it isn't- all I know is that they have the same shoes and Hogwarts House.

"Cedric!" Someone calls my name from behind me. I'm currently sitting in front of the fire place in the common room, wondering what the dreams mean.

I turn around and see Juniper walking over to me from the door, holding my yellow Hufflepuff scarf in her hand. "You dropped this in the hallway," she says, handing it to me.

"Oh!" I take it. "Thank you."

"Can I sit?"

I nod, scooting over so that she has room on the couch. She thanks me politely, sitting down and opening her bag in one swift motion. "Here."  She gently placed a book in my lap, still rummaging through her bag for something. She sighs, not being able to find what she's looking for, but then turns back to me with a smile. "It's the book I was reading on the train, I thought you might wanna take a look at it," she said.

I turn over the book and see that it's "They Both Die at the End". I quietly chuckle, knowing that I've already read this before. I don't want to disappoint her, and I lied to her on the train when we were talking about it, basically telling her that I had never heard of it before.

"Thank you," I reply, still grinning from ear to ear. I look up at her and see that she looks very pleased with herself. "I'll have it back to you in no time,"

"No need," she starts. "I've already got another copy, I bought another one to give to you so that you could get the full experience of reading it for the first time."

My heart leaps at the kind gesture. "I- you really shouldn't have-"

"No, no. You were kind to me on the train and this is me being kind to you as well. Just take the book, I'm sure you're gonna love it."

"I-" I stop, looking at her, then the book, then her again. "Thank you." A slight feeling of guilt overcomes me. She bought me a book that I've already read, and here I am excepting it...

"You already said that, silly, but you're welcome. Sorry I didn't get you a book mark, I made you one but now I can't seem to find it...oh well. Once it turns up I'll be sure to give it to you."

"Why don't you just use magic?" I ask. "Just say 'accio book mark' or something along those lines."

"I've tried that, but all I've seem to do whenever I use that spell is get one of my own bookmarks that I haven't seen in years," she complains. "But it's fine, now I'm starting to think that I didn't make you one at all and that I'm losing my mind."

We slightly laugh, turning away from each other and looking at the fire place.

"Well," she says, closing her satchel. "I need to do some homework. If you need me I'll be in the library, but I hope you enjoy the book!" She gets up to leave and I thank her again, my eyes not leaving her.