Chapter 10

(Sorry this took so long to update!)
TW: sl*t shaming, fighting, language

Third Person POV:

"Juniper, it's time to get up."

The girl groaned at the soft voice, Hannah lightly shaking her awake. "It's almost time for breakfast. The kids from the other schools are coming today."

"It's too early for this shit," Juniper replied, causing Hannah to widen her eyes.

"Juniper if you don't get up you're gonna miss seeing all the cute French kids," said another one of the girls in the dorm.

"Ughhhhhh," She moaned, turning around the lay on her back and look at the ceiling. "They aren't even coming until dinner!"

"You were up late, huh," said Hannah, looking at her friend's red eyes.

"...yeah."

"Well, it's time to get up. No time for sulking or anything, we need to get to the Great Hall. I heard someone asked where you were this morning..." Hannah teased.

"Who?" Juniper asked, sitting upright to look at her at a better angle.

"Cedric of course!" Yelled someone from the bathroom.

"What? Why?" Getting out of bed, the rest of the girls snicker and go back to their early morning routine, shaking their heads as if the tired student said a stupid joke.

"You're so oblivious, it's hilarious. Now get up, I'm starving," said Hannah, pulling her up by the arms.

She groaned, dramatically swinging her legs off the bed and standing up to get ready. "Fine."

☻︎☻︎☻︎

They got to the Great Hall and sat down at the Hufflepuff table. There were kids chattering everywhere about the students from Beaxbaton and Durmstrang coming this evening .  All of the staff but Dumbledore were seated up in front, all of them looking rather excited- other than Snape. He has the same expression no matter what he's feeling.

"Juniper, look over there!" Whispered Hannah, pointing over at the other end of the table. Juniper glanced over her shoulder to be met with the familiar grey eyes that belong to the one and only Cedric Diggory.  He looked almost as tired as Juniper did, the skin under his eyes a reddish purple, his mouth having a natural frown as if he was stuck in a nightmare.  His face instantly brightened up at the sight of her, knowing that she was alright and well.

The previous night had him terrified, and he knew that today was the day he needed to talk to Juniper about what was happening- maybe. He wasn't exactly sure, Cedric didn't want to freak her out.

Juniper smiled at him from across the table, quickly looking away so he wouldn't notice how exhausted she was.

"Jeez, Juniper. What was that?" Exclaimed Hannah. "That was the driest interaction I've ever seen."

Juniper rolled her eyes. "What? Did you expect me to go over and talk to him or something?"

Hannah starred at her before scoffing. "Uh, yeah. I thought you were the smart one in the friendship." She rolled her eyes as Juniper furrowed her brows. "Here, I'll give you a galleon if you go and talk to him."

"What?" Said Juniper, half surprised and half amused. "No!"

"Do it."