Chapter 16

Third Person POV:

"Viktor Krum!"

Applause shot out around the room as the Durmstrang champion stood up and made his way to the back room where he was supposed to wait for further instructions. Dumbledore smiled then moved on, just as the cup's flames shot out a dainty slip of paper that would have the Beaxbaton's champion's name.

"Fleur Delacour!"

The champion, Fleur, a beautiful blonde girl stood up from the Ravenclaw table and walked majestically to the back behind Krum, keeping her head up and her smile wide, before disappearing into a room.

This was it... Cedric thought.

Finally, the last slip of paper shot out, revealing the Hogwarts Champion. Dumbledore unfolded the note, being met with the neat handwriting of...

"Cedric Diggory!"

Cedric got up from his seat, a huge smile plastered onto his face.  Dumbledore pats his back as he walks past, clapping along with the other students from all three schools. As Albus starts to explain more information about the Triwizard Tournament, the unexpected happens.

Two more slips of paper come out of the Goblet, and fall right across his face.

Everyone in the room gasps as the headmaster stares at the papers.

I knew something was off, thought Juniper.

"What's going on?" Asked Hannah.

"I think we're about to find out..." replied Juniper as Dumbledore unfolded both papers at the same time. You could see his breath hitch in his throat as he adjusted his glasses against his crooked nose.

"Harry Potter," he said. The room went dead silent, no one moved. Not Harry, or Juniper or Trinette, the only thing that really changed was the look in Ron Weasley's eyes. "and Juniper Granger."

Hannah gasped and a few seconds of utter silence passed. No one moved a muscle, and no one said a word.

Hermione pushed Harry upwards towards Dumbledore as she tried to hide her shock.

"Harry Potter, and Juniper Granger!" Dumbledore shouted. The two kids scrambled up on their feet, scared out of their minds, as people all around them started whispering.

Cheaters

Slut

I can't believe them

Juniper could feel her heart racing as she made eye contact with Harry, his hands shaking as he gulped down his screams. They went inside the room Cedric, Viktor, and Fleur had just entered moments before, breathing heavily in fear.

Trinette's eyes had widened at the sound of Juniper's name. That's impossible she thought. She's only 16, and that Cedric boy was already chosen...

As soon as the three original champions saw the two underaged students, their initial reactions were that they were there to get them back up with the rest of the school. But then Cedric noticed the terrified expression on Juniper's face, how she had gone pale, and how her jaw was clenched.

"June," he said as he stepped closer to her. "Is everything all right-?"

Suddenly the doors of the room burst open with a loud bang, and footsteps could be heard. Dumbledore rushed in with Flitwick, Sprout, McGonagall and Snape by his sides, Madame Maxime and Karkaroff close behind them.