Chapter 14

Third Person POV:

Hermione, Juniper, and Cedric walked out of the Great Hall and into an empty classroom, the youngest Granger sister closing the door behind them.

"So I'm guessing Juniper told you about what's been going on," said Hermione.

"Well, yes," replied Cedric. "But there's a little more to the story."

"What do you mean?"

"What he means is that I'm not the only one having them. The dreams- I'm not the only one having the dreams." Juniper faced her sibling and fiddled with her hands. "He started getting them around the same time as me."

Hermione didn't move. "What?"

Hermione: 🧍‍♀️

"Yeahhhhh, and we figure that-"

"Wait, wait, wait, I hate to interrupt but before we go to what we think your dreams may mean- are both of the dreams exactly the same? Or are they in different point of views?"

"Different point of views," Cedric says. "In my dream I'm running through Hogwarts, but I can't hear anything. After a few minutes of me searching every room of the castle, I finally get to the last door of a corridor to find Juniper laying on the floor covered in water, blood, shards of clay and glass from vases, and different colored flowers. Then, recently-as in last night- the dream got longer and another person was there. I think it was a man. He had pointed his wand to me and Juniper, and when I asked him to, uh, spare her, he just laughed and said 'Poor boy, you're acting as if I care'." A chill went down Cedric's spine as he recalled the man's voice.

Hermione swallowed the lump in her throat. "You don't think... you don't think this may have something to do with He-who-must-not-be-named, do you?"

"No."

"Maybe."

Juniper and Cedric looked at each other. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Cedric had a dark feeling in his chest that Lord Voldemort was somehow involved. But that was crazy...Voldemort can't be back, and he certainly can't just be messing with two teenagers.

"We think," started Juniper. "that this means something big. I know that they're just some dreams, but...they feel so real. It's like it's foreshadowing something in the future. A future that I do not want to experience."

"But June-"

"I know you feel it too, Cedric." Juniper looked at him with soft eyes. "And I know that you don't want to admit it."

Cedric looked away from her. He hated the thought, but he knew she was right. Especially since she used his first name instead of just calling him "Diggory".

"I'm- sorry, this is just a little shocking-"

Juniper interrupted her sister. "That's understandable."

"What i'm trying to say, is that if you really think He-who-must-not-be-named is up to this, your only hope is to talk to Dumbledore. He's the only one you-know-who has ever been afraid of," said Hermione.

Cedric didn't know how to react to any of this. Here he was, sitting with the two brightest witches of Hogwarts, contemplating whether or not he might be linked to Voldemort. The man who killed so many innocent people, only to be "defeated" by an infant, and now he might be back? And him and some girl who he's known for less than a month might have something to do with it? Cedric was only three when Voldemort disappeared, but knowing that he might be back...