7. Strange Things Happen

The words were written by quills.

Susan broke the silence by saying" Auror Tonks? She's my auntie's favorite."

"You know her?"

"Yeah, I met her once or twice." said Susan," I noticed that she can be a little flirty sometimes."

"Flirty?"

8 years ago, 1988

Since Amelia was Susan's only family, she usually stays at her office while she was at work.

"Susan, darling, do you mind if I go for a while. A fifth-year student wants to be an Auror, I need to see her. Don't leave this place."

"Goodbye auntie, I'll be good." She opened the book Alice in Wonderland as soon as she left. I hope she won't be gone for long, Susan thought.

The door opened without knocking. "Who's there, show yourself," said Susan, sounding alert.

"Are you the Bones girl?" A woman dressed in pink came to her view, she looked like a toad.

"Yes, what do you want?"

"Hello sweety, I need you to cooperate." she said,"As you can see dear, your aunt is a major threat to the Ministry."

"How so?" she question, starting to dislike the woman.

"She meddles mine and Minister Fudge's plans."

"What do you want me to do? I can't help you, I am a child," she said, memorizing the rules about talking to strangers.

"I ask you to spy on your aunt and—"

"I will do no such thing!"

"She is evil, like Miss Trunchbull in Matilda. We have to get rid of her! She is the biggest threat we have here!"

Anger rose inside her"My auntie is never a threat to the ministry, only to you!"

"I'm afraid I have to use the hard way then," she said evilly,"Imper—"

Susan bit into the toad's hand as she shrieked in pain and dropped her wand.

"Stupefy!" the woman fell on the floor. The spell was cast by a man in his late 20s, with scars all over his face. 

"Are you alright?"

"That was scary." she recovered herself from the attack. 

Madame Bones and a pink-haired girl came in, she thanked him for saving her niece's life.

She took another look, "Remus! What are you doing here? Ms. Tonks, please play with Susan for a while."

"I'm looking for a job..." he began.

"Hello kiddo, I want to show you something really cool. Want to see it?" she morphed her face into a pig-snout."How's my make-up, little princess?" 

"You're funny, but I like you."

Just then, the pinked haired girl winked at the man in a cute manner.

"I suggest you be careful, Miss Tonks. Don't flirt with a person you just met." Madam Bones warned her.

"The wink is what I remember the most about her." 

"She did it to me last year." 

"She moved on?" Susan asked, confused.

"No...she still likes him." 

"You two aren't dating? Then was this massage written? I wonder who wrote them?"

"I don't know," Harry said truthfully.

"Do you remember anyone touching the basilisk skin?"

"No...yes! A pair of Slytherin twins were very interested in it. Do you think it's them?"

"Could be, but we can't go accusing people without evidence." she thought for a second, "Maybe I can make it stop by pretending to date you."

"Uhh..." Harry couldn't think of an answer, pretending to date his almost-sister? Really?

"Both of you will be safer."Susan reminded him.

"Okay..."

Fawkes flew to the Chamber and motioned them to grab his tail. They went up, up, up to the Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Susan said goodbye and went back to Hufflepuff's common room. 

Should I tell Ron and Hermione? Should I tell Tonks? If I do, she'll get concerned but won't show it, If I don't, she'll find out sooner or later, and get mad at me for not telling her earlier. Should I actually leave her alone? No, maybe it's just a Death Eater's trick, or maybe it's not.

"Hey, does your mother dislike me?"Harry asked the next time he saw her. He doubled that Tonks' mother would do this but it was worth a shot. 

"Why would she?"

"For being near you. Anyone close to me could get killed by Lord Voldemort."

"Stop, it's my choice to be near you, and mum is happy for me. She like you a lot when you are a baby, says we will be a good couple...never mind this part," said Tonks, clearly embarrassed.

Harry said goodbye and went to find Dumbledore. He needs more information on the Slytherin twins, but Dumbledore was not there. Annoyed, he left, just to find a girl his age wearing Slytherin ties. She was a DA member.

"Hello Harry, looking for Dumbledore too?"

"Yeah. Are you friends with the Flora and Hestia?"

"They hang out with Malfoy, I came for Dumbledore cause I find their behavior suspicious. Their father, Amycus Carrow is a Death Eater, why would they join the DA? I'm Tracy by the way." she added.

"Their father is a Death Eater?"

"One of the worst. Daphne is waiting for me, see ya Harry."

At breakfast the next morning, Susan came to Harry with a potion in her hands, she quickly explained what it is for and how she got it.

Last night

The Hufflepuff common room was a cozy place, most people were asleep by then, only Susan and Hannah were still studying. 

"Susie, do you need anything?"

"Veritasurum, the truth potion. Guess I can steal it from Snape's private store."

"I can brew it."

"Can you?"Hannah has always been good at potions, but a potion as hard as Veritasurum? 

"I'll try." She stayed up all night to brew the truth potion.

"Distract them while I put this in their drink, and I'll take care of the rest." said Susan as held the small bottle.

"Morning you two, like the DA lessons?"

"It's good, I can't wait for the next one."

"Glad you like it," he said and walked to the Gryffindor table just to see Susan finish pouring the potion. He eyed her and she returned with a nod. 

"Did you do something with the Basilisk's skin?"Harry overheard Susan say.

"No, I don't remember doing such."

Strange indeed.

Susan went to the Gryffindor table, "Harry, can we go to Hogsmead next weekend?"

A/N:Do you like book or movie Tonks more?

recommendation: Of Tails to Come by Tripack .