12. A Difficult Task

Harry couldn't help but think of the visit which took place not long ago. The pain in Andromeda's eyes when she talked about aunt Dorea. Ted Tonks' excitement on the topic of Harry and his daughter dating(which was not happening). How Dora got embarrassed at the mention of her having a thing for Harry. Well, everyone knew that they were only joking around, or are they? No time for love problems, there are more serious businesses to worry about.

Flashback: a few days ago

"Excuse me, are you Harry Potter?" a third-year Ravenclaw was holding a piece of parchment, "Dumbledore asked me to give you this."

He accepted with a "thank you" and read the words. Good news, Dumbledore planned another meeting with him that evening, it must be about Voldemort's childhood again. In their first lesson, they went into a Pensieve, saw the Gaunt House and Voldemort's family, and professor  Dumbledore explained Voldemort's birth circumstances. Last time, they met 12-year-old Riddle in the same Pensieve and discuss his personality. He wondered what he will learn on his third meeting with Dumbledore.

The evening came much sooner than he expected, "Ahh, there you are Harry. I am just about to begin, please see this."

They watched Morfin tell Voldemort about his family, and of course, Merope Gaunt. Both physically and emotionally abused by her father and brother, she later found a nice-looking muggle man or the father of the Dark Lord. How they got together doesn't need to be described, love potions are involved in some way. One day Merope stopped giving him potions, Tom Riddle Sr. left her and the unborn baby.

After he was born, his mother died very soon as he was put in an orphanage. The young boy, too different from other kids, managed to not make any friends and even stole from children. The story doesn't end here...

Young Tom Riddle got sorted into Slytherin House. The hat thought of putting him in other houses considering that he has different traits, but decided Slytherin was best for the innocent child at last.

His headmaster trusted him greatly while professor Dumbledore always looked out for him. Had they realized he will become one of the most feared Dark wizards in history... 

As a student with perfect grades, he was invited to the Slug Club. Once, they were having a meeting, "Professor Slughorn, do you know what a Horcrux is?"

"How did you hear this and why are you asking me?"

"The others won't understand. I read it in the library a few days earlier, I'm not sure what it means. So I think maybe you can give me the answer."

"No, absolutely not! Now go or you'll be late!"

He slammed the door shut, Tom Riddle had no choice but to leave the room. That made Harry curious, could Slughorn have helped Voldemort in any way? Luckily, Dumbledore was just there to explain Harry's question.

"You see, the memory was altered. Nothing(truth potions and mind-reading) works in hope of professor Slughorn to tell us. There's a task I'd like to give you," the headmaster paused for a while.

"What is it?"

"Please try to be given of the true memory. Now that's all for today, you may go back and meet your friends. Your task can be shared with them, including miss. Tonks. Good night Harry." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hermione, what do you think of Tonks?" the boy-who-lived was chatting with Ron and Hermione.

She put her books away and shrugged, "Why? She was always there to help us. As a policewoman from muggles' point of view, she has done a lot for the order the past year. I'd say she is a wonderful Auror and friend-"