Chapter 23

"Good morning, Alondra-sama. How do you feel this morning?" Amelia looks towards Alondra as she sits up on her head. She squints as the candles come on.

"I'm okay. Oh, morning, Amy-chan." Alondra greets her as she rubs her eyes. She stares at Alondra and desperately wants to ask her about her memories. What she remembers, and what was stolen from her. She's come to a spot of conflict between Alondra and Kira. "Amy-chan?"

"Sorry, um... will you have breakfast at the table or in your bed?" Alondra frowns and tilts her head. She doesn't remember ever getting to choose where she would like to eat her breakfast. She's always been forced to eat together with Kira for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She's even had to incorporate tea time into her life.

"Wow, I get a choice this time? Honestly, at this point... I need to learn to get along with Kira. If I'm stuck here with him until death do us part, then maybe I can work on that personality of his." Alondra gets out of bed and goes towards the bathroom. Amelia hands her a clean towel and clothes. "Thanks for asking, though!"

"Of course, Alondra-sama... Your door will be unlocked for when you're ready." She nods her head and goes into the bathroom. Amelia watches the door close behind her. "She truly has forgotten. The people that she wanted to go back to... She's forgotten her desire to escape from Kira-sama." She thinks to herself, walking away from the bedroom. She heads downstairs to help tend to breakfast.

Alondra looks herself over in the long purple gown she was given. She frowns displeased and removes it. In only her underwear, she works on shortening the skirt to a length over her knees. She has no sewing kit to fix the hem, but hopes she cut it straight enough to make it look presentable. She puts it back on and looks at her work happily. She starts to brush her hair and tilts her head.

"I wonder what I can do with you?" She messes around with her hair, losing track of time.

"Amelia, where is Alondra-san?" Kira sits at the head of the table as breakfast is brought in. Amelia looks out towards the stairs. 

"I told her the door was open for her. Maybe she ran away after all." Amelia tries not to smile. She knows it would displease Kira to hear that relief. He doesn't seem affected by the news, but he wouldn't be surprised if she took advantage of that taste of freedom.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I lost track of time!" Both of them are surprised to see her come down the steps, nearly jumping off each step. She enters the kitchen, a small braid sways on the right side of her head. They look down at the modified dress of her. She blushes and holds down the skirt of it like as if it were much shorter than it actually is.

"S-so, are we going to eat or what?" She goes to sit down beside Kira and looks at her plate. No one says anything, so she starts to eat first. 

"You actually came down..." Alondra stops chewing and looks over at Kira, who stares at her. She blushes a little at his surprise and swallows the food in her mouth.

"Of course I did, I got hungry. Anyway, I'm sure eating alone isn't something enjoyable. So, you're stuck with me, the woman chosen to be your fiancée! So you have to be nicer to me!" Alondra orders him. He lets out a breath and eats. Alondra blushes at his reaction and goes back to eating.

"I don't think Kira-sama is used to being spoken in such a manner. Maybe... for a little bit, I will let this play out." Amelia smiles to herself and lets the pair eat their breakfast alone. 

"This is a good start, I suppose. You trust me enough to let me leave the bedroom at my own time. So, thanks... " Alondra finishes eating. Her gaze is on her empty plate as she sits next to Kira, letting him finish his own meal.