Chapter 4

Alondra sits in a windowless room, her mouth throbbing painfully, especially her canines. Tears pool at her eyes as she bites on her pillow, anything to try and make the pain stop. She jumps as the door to her tiny well designed prison opens. She lifts her head, and looks up at the blue haired boy that had helped take her away from her home.

She whimpers and crawls to the furthest corner of the room, trying to become part of the wall, but that is something that will never happen. He looks over at the punctured pillow and then back at the shaking child. He walks over to her, and she starts to shake.

"Your fangs have grown out, huh?" He says crouching down in front of her. She peeks over at him through her bangs. She gulps, and gasps as she sees red lines running through his pale neck. "You can see it, can't you? My blood running through my body." Alondra shakily nods her head, and he lowers the collar of his shirt. "Drink my blood before it starts to hurt even more." He tells her, and she stares at him.

He sighs, and tries something different. He sits down cross-legged, and motions for Alondra to come to him. She slightly hesitates, but slowly crawls towards him. He sets her on his lap, and she looks at him curiously. He slightly opens her mouth, and rubs around her lips.

"If you don't bite me your fangs will keep hurting." He tells her. Alondra gasps, and covers her mouth, shaking her head.

"No! I promised I wouldn't!" She says to him. He holds her face in his hands, and looks at her crimson eyes. He looks at her intently, and stares a little surprised at the pureblood tears escaping her big eyes.

"Why won't you? It's in your nature." He tells her a little harshly. Alondra's eyes once more become fearful, so Yoru shakes his head. "Sorry." He says to her, and pulls her head gently to his neck.

"That spot you're touching with your lips is where you should bite." He tells her, coaxing her gently. Alondra's mouth opens of it's own accord, her fangs extend painfully, and she pierces her fangs for the first time through a living being's neck.

She jumps at the taste of crimson liquid touching her tongue for the first time. Her tastebuds enjoy it, and she starts to swallow the crimson liquid that comes out of his neck. She drinks her fill, and pulls her fangs out slowly. She looks at the blue haired boy, and he wipes away left over blood from her lips.

"Who are you?" Alondra questions him. He looks at her for a moment longer before standing her up, and kneeling before her in a bow. 

"I am Yoru Katsumi. Your loyal guard and servant, Alondra-sama." He says startling the little girl. She looks at him, and then puts a hand to his cheek. He looks up at her surprised.

"Don't do that, please." Alondra says with a small smile. "I'm not used to those formalities and I don't like them. I don't want to be here." Yoru watches her expression become sad, her gaze travels to the door behind him.

"That's impossible, your father will not-"

"He's not my father. My father is Ryota Kiryu. My mother is Amaya Kiryu... and my brothers are Zero and Ichiru Kiryu!" Tears once again fill her eyes and spill from her cheeks. Yoru can't help but frown at the sympathetic human lover.

"They're all dead, you don't have weak humans like that in your life anymore. It's best to forget them and accept that this is your life. You are the Kasumioji princess." He expects anger from her, an attack, anything other than heartbroken sobs. "Stop... Stop that..." He says quietly, but her cries drown out his voice.

"Stop it! You can't be weak in front of other vampires! You'll be underestimated and taken advantage of!" He yells out at her, making her jump.

"I don't want to be a vampire! I hate it! I wanna go with my family! I want to go with them!" Her pain causes the room to start coming apart with her overwhelmed emotions. Yoru looks around, unsure of how to get her to stop crying. He wonders what the humans did to make her so soft and weak hearted. Showing her feelings so openly to a being like him.

The pair jumps as the door is slammed open, Yoru is too shaken to look back as he senses the ominous aura behind him. Alondra's cries completely die out as she looks at the man behind Yoru. 

"That's enough, be quiet or I'll rip out your tongue and make sure it grows back slowly." Alondra covers her mouth and shakes her head, terrified of the prospect of losing her tongue.

"Boy, I grant you permission to beat some sense into her if she goes out of line again."

"Y-yes, Kasumioji-sama..." Yoru manages to voice out, bowing his head to the older vampire. Alondra looks over at Yoru who keeps his back to her, they wait for him to leave, slamming the door closed. It causes them both to jump.

"Y-Yoru..." He turns back to the terrified girl who looks up at him.

"I won't hurt you. You don't have to worry about that." Yoru kneels back down in front of her. He reaches his hand out and cleans up the tears on her face. She closes her eyes, accepting the gentle touch to her face. Yoru stares at her face closely.

"Um, since you're fed now, I'm going to take this pillow and get you a new one. Just behave yourself and you won't have to face your father's wrath." He gets up, grabbing the punctured pillow and leaves her. Alondra walks up to the door, but it doesn't budge.

"I hate this... I can't stay here forever." Alondra whispers to herself, placing her forehead on the door. Her thoughts drift back to the family she lost. The family she loved so much, she can't help but wonder what kind of surprise they had for her.

"I was going to turn twelve, I had to tell them the truth, that I was older than I told them. I didn't get a chance to and they didn't get a chance to tell me about this fun surprise they had for not only me, but Zero and Ichiru too." She walks away from the door and climbs up on the bed, sitting there. The only thing she can do is just sit there and wait for anyone to come in and give her a little bit of interactions.

"Hm, I wonder if I can trust Yoru? I know he's under my father's orders, but he showed me some kindness. It's probably because he's afraid, but I'll take that. It's lonely and I just can't be alone anymore." Alondra picks up her knees and wraps her arms around them, she rests her forehead on her knees. The darkness in her bedroom perfectly represents how she's feeling. 

"Otousan, Okaasan... Did you both really kill Scarlet Cherry's lover? Did he deserve it? No, they would never kill a vampire without a reason, so he had to be bad... right? She didn't have to hurt Ichiru and Zero too. She tore our family apart." Her dark thoughts are interrupted as Yoru returns with the new pillows for her. She looks away from him and puts her head back down.

"Alondra-sama, here are your new pillows. Get some rest. You need it." He helps her lie down and puts her blankets over her. She looks up into his blue eyes as he finishes tucking her in.

"Thank you, Yoru."