Chapter 11

"Hey, Zero, how do you know Alondra-senpai?" Yuki questions, having had decided that she was going to skip classes for the day, and follow Zero around to question him. They hadn't talked much at all since the day they had that minor fight in the stables. Zero doesn't bother to remove his arm from over his eyes, and lies there, trying to look asleep. Yuki slightly frowns, and kicks at his side, getting a deadly glare.

"THAT HURT, YOU KNOW?!" He yells out sitting up and rubbing his side.

"I want to know! Is that too much to ask? You never tell me anything, and I just want to help you." She says with a slight hurt tone on her voice. Zero sighs, and yawns.

"That doesn't matter, okay? Just leave me alone, Yuki. I'm tired and want to sleep." He tells her as neutrally as possible with a slight hint of annoyance at her meddling. He knows she's always been like that, but it's always something he's come to dislike. He figures that is the same feelings Ichiru had when everyone around him would be so cautious around him and baby him.

"Why won't you tell me anything?" She questions, kneeling next to him. Her heart aches at the feeling of losing her friend and family. The only other person that went through something similar. They'd been living together for four years, but it's like he has this wall around him that she can't seem to get through. She felt they had started to become closer. It all changed when his past came back to face him. Yuki can't help but feel jealous of the pureblood girl that dug so deep into Zero's heart and saw parts of him she could only imagine.

"I don't need to tell you anything. Why do you care if I know her or not?" Zero questions, losing what little patience he has. Not liking her questioning one bit. He's never been comfortable with the subject of his past, and Yuki constantly bringing it up causes him to close up even more. Not only that, his mood is worse now that the trouble of Kira Hio has arrived. He's not sure how much more trouble he is than Shizuka was.

"Ichiru-kun knows her too. You both do, so was this before the Shizuka incident? Was Alondra-senpai there too?! She was involved in that accident as well, but Headmaster never mentioned her in the past and..." Zero stands up, having had had enough with her questioning.

"I said leave me alone. I don't want to talk about my past with you or anyone else for that matter." He says rather harshly before walking away from Yuki, who remains on the grassy ground. Looking at the spot he was just in.

"Zero... I'm sorry..." Her eyes well up with tears, feeling helpless that she's unable to help the boy who was supposed to be her family when Kaien Cross took him in. She's tried all those years to be there for him, but she feels like she can't do enough to help him. Every move she seems to make feels like it's wrong and just upsets him. "I'll wait for you then. I'll be here if you ever need my help." She smiles sadly, putting a hand to her pounding heart.

Yuki stands up from the grass and looks towards the roof that peeks through the trees of the Moon Dormitory. In that forbidden place lies the woman that is the most important part of the past of the Kiryu family. 

"Then for now, I leave Zero to you, Alondra-senpai." She wipes away her tears and walks away from the area she's at. She doesn't feel like going to class still.

"Well, it's good of you to join us, Kiryu-kun." He tries not to roll his eyes as the teacher points him out as he enters the classroom. People are surprised that he came to class at all after being out for the beginning of it. 

He takes the empty seat that is usually left for him, and drops his head on the table, trying to get some sleep. Ignoring the teachers calls for him to wake up, and what not. Not that most of the teachers even try anymore. Not even complaints to the Headmaster do much to change the behavior of the totally terrible school prefects.