Chapter 33

"She's pretty quiet today. . . it's so unlike her." Ichiru thinks to himself as they all follow after Kira who leads them up a fairly steep mountain. "But then again, I really don't expect her to be herself after finding out her parents are still alive."

"Why did you stop?" Alondra questions Kira who stops. He turns to look at the mountain and presses a rock that sticks out. The group watches surprised as the rock slides away to reveal a stairwell. Alondra stares at it and goes past Kira, running down the steps.

"Hey! Alondra-sama, be careful!" Yoru yells out and goes after her. The other three guys follow suit and look around. There is nothing much to see other than rocky walls and unlit torchlights. The further they descend they come to a large, dark room that resembles a dungeon with two coffins in the center.

"Those coffins, my parents are in there, aren't they?!" Alondra questions Kira as they make it down to the dungeon like room. He nods his head and stands beside her.

"Yes, first you should give them some of your blood and the rest of their hunger can be satisfied with the blood bags Kiryu has." Kira says as he looks towards Zero who puts the cooler full of blood bags and ice.

"I understand." Alondra puts her hand out and with a powerful gust of wind she knocks aside both of the coffin lids. She slowly walks over and sees two skeletal corpses who are both lying on their sides like as if they were reaching for each other. Both of their clothes are preserved well so she can tell which of them is a woman and which is a man.

"Well?" Alondra jumps and then looks back at the four men before looking back at her parents. She gulps and stands between their coffins.

"I'm scared, what if they're as cruel as Him!" Alondra questions them. She jumps as Zero walks over towards her and puts his hands to her shoulders. She looks up at him surprised and blushes a bit as he gives her a gentle smile.

"There's only one way to find out. I'll protect you if that's the case." He tells her. Alondra smiles, feeling assured by his words and then looks back at the corpses.

"Here goes." She says and bites into both her wrists and then lets her blood pour into their open, skeletal mouths. When she thinks she's offered enough she moves her wrists and licks away the excess blood until the puncture wounds heal.

Ichiru grabs the cooler and opens it, leaving it in between the coffins as the group awaits for the two purebloods to awaken. They stand far away from the coffins so they don't become the first meal of two very hungry purebloods who have slept for a couple hundred years.

"How long do you think it's going to take?" Alondra questions the group as she stares at the coffins from a distance.

"They've been sleeping for a long time, it's going to take awhile for their bodies to regenerate." Kira tells Alondra who sighs and sits down on the cold ground. She stares at the coffins wondering what kind of people will come out of the coffin. She arches her eyebrow and stares confused.

"Hold on! If they were put to sleep centuries ago, how was I born?!" Alondra questions Kira who sighs a bit.

"You were conceived a bit before your mother was put to sleep. Your grandfather discovered it when Estella's stomach kept growing as she slept, so he put you in a state of dormancy out of her womb and let you continue to develop many centuries later. When he needed you." Kira tells her.

"Damn, I'm old. . ."

"That's what stood out to you?" Zero questions the stunned pureblood. She pouts and puts her hands to her cheeks.

"Kind of, anyway. . . Can you tell me about my parents? At least what you know?" Alondra questions as she looks up at Kira who looks down at her. He looks back at the coffin, able to see their bodies already regenerating at a rather quick pace than he would have expected.