Chapter 15

"Take what you want, you never have to ask for permission."

Kira hio, his pale pink eyes stare out into the night. His gaze travels down to an arriving student, Zero Kiryu. His mood sours even further as he sees him walking towards the Moon Dorms with his belongings. The window cracks under his gaze and he steps away, closing the curtain.

"There is no way that a weak former human like that can come to the attention of Alondra-san. That is just pathetic and weak." Kira says annoyed and with a jealous tone in his voice as he sits on a lounge chair. Pouring himself some blood wine. Wine that is forbidden in the academy.

 "If such a thing fights, you break it until it submits to you." 

He stares at the glass and then drinks it, not bothering to wipe away the blood around his mouth. The blood does nothing for him. It doesn't quench him fully and it irritates him. He hates the memories that come from the blood donor he doesn't care to know about. 

"Disgusting. How dare I find it delicious." He thinks to himself as he thinks of the taste of Alondra's blood. The sweet blood of a powerful pureblood with the heart of a human. Who wears all her feelings on the outside, for all to see what lies in her heart.

He laughs a bit and leans against the headrest of the couch. "Damn it, this isn't good. What are you doing to me, princess?" He questions as he crushes the cup in his hand. The glass flies around while some of it stabs into his palm. He watches his blood spill to the floor, glass pops out of his skin as the wounds heal.

"Fear or not, I'm going to take you for myself. My father be damned."

                                      ~0~

Zero sighs, looking up at the place he wanted to avoid coming to be in. He never realized that fate would bring him to the home of the vampires he detested for the longest time. Yet, behind that door is a vampire that he has treasured most of his life. She's there, in danger, and he will fight to protect her.

He opens the door to the Moon Dorms. He looks around, and his eyes stop on Alondra, who sits curled up on the couch. He quietly walks to her and then sets his things down as he goes to wake her.

She turns around on her side, uncurling, and showing him that she'd been crying. He touches her face gently and moves her hair aside. Showing her pale neck, moist from the recent tears that had fallen. She groans and he pulls his hand back abruptly.

"Ze. . .ro. . .scared. . ." She mutters quietly. He looks at her sadly and then shakes her gently to awaken her.

She opens her eyes slowly and looks up at him. "Zero." She sits up and wraps her arms around him. He tenses up a bit, but then holds her as she starts to tremble. She closes her eyes and takes in his scent.

His eyes widen a bit as he feels Alondra's warm breath on his neck. It becomes heavier as her tongue grazes over the tattoo on him. Her fangs extend and she pierces her fangs through his neck. He winces a bit, but lets her drink as much of his blood as she wants.

She pulls her fangs out, and looks up at him. Her gaze is tender and warm and then her eyes widen in horror as she falls back and wipes at her mouth. It's like she just realized that all of this is real. Her fangs pierced a Kiryu.

"Alondra, wh-"

"No, no, no, I proved him right! I'm a monster! I took your blood!" She says shaking for dear life as she backs away from him, covering her mouth. She wants to vomit the blood out, but that wouldn't fix anything. She broke the promise she made to herself. The words that many spoke to her resound in her head: she is a beast in human form that drinks the blood of humans.