Chapter 10

"ZERO! YORU! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Alondra calls out to the two missing teens. She looks around with Ichiru right at her heels. She looks around, and feels their presence. "Over there!" Alondra rushes towards where she senses them.

"Zero! Yoru!" She says relieved as they turn to her. She smiles as tears pour out of her eyes, running to them, and hugging them both at the same time. "Oh, I'm so glad you're both okay. I-I'm so sorry I left you with him." She says to them as she pulls away from them. They look at her, and feel relieved to find her feeling better than how she looked.

"What happened? Where did Kira go?" Alondra looks around suspiciously. She doesn't feel his prescence close by anymore.

"He didn't say anything, but if looks could kill... Anyway, he left almost right after you did. I'm surprised you two didn't run into him." Zero tells her. Alondra also becomes confused and looks to Ichiru who shakes his head, he did not catch on to him either. She gives up on thinking about it.

"Alondra-sama, what will you have me do?" Yoru questions her. Alondra looks at him, and then at the Kiryu twins.

"I-I fear to be alone anywhere. I'm afraid he might pop out from somewhere and. . .ugh!" Alondra shivers, and wraps her arms around herself. The guys noticing her torn up blazer and a bit of her skirt that has black scrapes.

"Alondra-sama! What happened?!" Yoru questions inspecting her for injuries. 

"I'm fine. I just tripped when I was running. I'm okay now. Except my clothes." Alondra says with a small smile to him. He nods his head, and shows her relief in his blue eyes. It surprises her a bit, but she's very happy to see his concern.

"Wait a second, why is he here?! Yoru, did you... did you tell-"

"No, absolutely not! Your feelings for Kira-sama have always been obvious to me, so I would never. I'm loyal to you." He assures her, looking at her sincerely. "I swear I haven't told your father either, so he couldn't have let him know either." Alondra nods her head, believing in his word. 

"Okay, I believe you, Yoru. Thank you for not giving me away... then I wonder how Kira found me? I don't understand. I wonder if the Vampire Council got wind of me being here and they reported that information to my father and the Hio clan." Yoru nods his head, thinking the same thing as the young woman.

"I hope none of my friends betrayed me." Sadness fills Alondra as she realizes that possibility. She shakes her head, not wanting to doubt any of them. She can only image it's someone else in the class that she's not all that familiar with.

"I will find out what happened, Alondra-sama. But for now I will continue to fulfill my duties even more diligently now that he has decided to come find you." Alondra nods at him, she puts a hand to her pounding heart and continues to try and calm down.

"Going to sleep is something I'm not looking forward to." She lets out a shaky breath.

"Shall I remain with you?" Yoru questions her.

"Will you stand at my door? I know you must rest as well, but. . ." Alondra sighs, realizing she shouldn't use Yoru as some sort of shield to protect herself from Kira's advances on her. He's also a pureblood so he could easily sway Yoru to move away from her. Not only that, he isn't afraid to use that pureblood authority against him in the first place.

She smiles sadly, and shakes her head. "Never mind. I'll be alright." She says to him, and he frowns a bit.

"I'll make sure he doesn't come near you either." Ichiru tells her. She looks over at him, and smiles gratefully towards him.

"Thanks, Ichiru." She says with a warm smile . "Really, thank you very much. It means a lot. More than you know." She says to him, and then her gaze travels towards Zero, who gives her a determined look. She smiles at him, and he clutches Bloody Rose in his hand.