Chapter 20

"Kira-sama, I've brought Alondra-sama as you've requested." The big burly man says as he opens the door to the study. Kira arches an eyebrow a bit confused that he hears no struggle and quickly becomes blank as the man moves out of the way letting Alondra through.

He's stricken with more confusion as she steps in without complaint and isn't looking at him fearfully like she usually does. She seems calm and almost understanding. He shakes his head at his thoughts and waits for the man to leave and close the door behind him.

"Okay, Alondra try to be nice, but not too nice or he'll get suspicious. You've got this!" Alondra says determined in her mind and looks up to meet Kira's curious pale pink eyes. "Wait, what am I supposed to say?" She questions herself now wondering what she's getting herself into.

"Hi." She says and then after that Kira gives her a weird look and awkwardness fills the room. Alondra blushes and looks down at her ridiculous attempt to be nice.

"What do you want with me now?!" She says getting defensive. Her usual mechanism when she is embarrassed or embarrasses herself. Kira frowns and looks at the still slightly blushing brunette with her own scowl.

He rises from his seat and moves to the other side of the table. Alondra tenses up and Kira instantly notices. Annoyance starting to develop. He walks up to her and Alondra's tense body moves back until she comes in contact with the door. Kira slams the door by her ear making her wince.

"Scared, are you? I'll give you a reason to be scared." He says ominously before grabbing her wrists and pinning her against the door. Alondra gasps and looks up into his eyes, all fear restored. She tries to break free, but there is no strength from her part. He moves her head to the side and leans to her neck.

"Stop it! Please!" Alondra begs as she feels his fangs near her neck and pierce her flesh. She yelps in pain at the abruptness of it and starts to become dizzy at all the blood he takes in. He finally pulls his fangs out and Alondra slides down to the floor. She tries to keep conscious and focus on something.

Kira wipes off her blood from around his mouth and looks down at her. He watches her lips moving, saying something but he can't make it out. He grabs her arms and picks up the swaying girl and then listens to her.

"I'm. . .sorry. . ." Is all he hears repeatedly before she passes out in his arms. He picks her up like a bride and steps out of the study and walks towards the room he had her placed in. He sees Amelia sit up, her eyes full of worry as she looks towards Alondra's unconscious figure. He frowns a bit and sets her down on the bed gently.

"Kira-sama." Amelia calls out to him, but he ignores her and turns away from her and heads for the door. He stops right as he reaches for the doorknob and looks back at Alondra. Amelia is a bit tense, but says nothing as he walks back. Her pear green eyes go wide as he bites his own wrist, lifts Alondra up, and feeds her his blood through his own mouth. She blushes and looks away from the scene.

"Clean her up." Amelia jumps and looks back over at the pair. She is back on the bed, her lips stained with blood. Kira wipes away blood from his own lips and leaves the room quietly. She grabs some tissues on the bedside drawer and cleans up Alondra's lips, her color returning to her.

"Huh, I haven't seen such a gentle look on Kira-sama in a very long time. Am I imagining things?" Amelia throws away the tissues and tries to think back to when he was able to become engaged to Alondra.

"Welcome home, Riku-sama, Kira-sama." Amelia bows as she takes their coats from them. Neither of them greet her back, not that she hasn't grown accustomed to it after two years since the death of Sakura Hio. 

"I think a celebration is in store, my son has managed to become the fiancé of Lord Kasumioji's only daughter, Alondra Kasumioji." Amelia's eyes widen as she looks over towards Kira who keeps any kind of emotion away from his face.