•°●°°Chapter 5°°●°•

The morning started with a bang, literally. I jumped up from my sleep starteld by the sudden noise. I looked around to see what had happened. I spotted Cassie by one of the dressers doing her hair. She was wearing her scribe outfit which consisted of a simple black dress that went to her knees paired with black tights for warmth, and a brown leather jacket with a bronze feather inbroiderd on the front. Once she graduates they'll give her a new one with a silver feather.

She looked just as surprised as I did, because she dropped her hair brush on the floor.

She was awake earlier then me because her lessons started sooner. I sighed and flopped back onto my bed. I suppose I could start getting ready too, even though my escort won't be here until the next hour.

I got off my bed and got on my knees so I could grab my bag beneath the bed. I reached for it but felt something else instead. I grabbed it and pulled it out. "A box?" I said in confusion. "Oh yeah" started Cassie. I looked at her, I was even more confused then before.

"Some guy in a cloak came and told me that this was for you to wear tomorrow, or something" she said obviously disinterested.
"Oh...cool, I guess" I said. I looked at the box with anticipation. I opened the latch and lifted the lid. The first thing I saw was a green turtleneck sweater, I set it aside, then I pulled out some brown wool leggings. "He also put a pair of boots under the bed too" said Cassie. She was finally finished brushing her hair, and set the brush back on the dresser. I nodded and reached under the bed again, I first pulled out my bag full of belongings, then I felt around for the boots. My hand landed on something that felt like smooth leather. I pulled them out. "Woah these are the nicest boots I've ever owned!" I gushed.

"Wahoo, boots" Cassie remarked. "Oh shush up" I snapped. I grabbed my new clothes and went to the back room to change.

I walked out of the back room in my new outfit.

I did my hair in a ponytail with a side braid. I went to one of the dressers and grabbed a small mirror from one of the drawers. Once I made sure my hair looked okay I set the mirror down. "See you Rielle" said Cassie. She waved slowly to me as she went down the stairs. "Bye!" I called back. I probably wouldn't see her for at least a few months.

After twenty minutes of waiting...

I went to the window and drew the curtains back. The sun was starting to make its way up into the sky. I pushed open the window letting the cool morning breeze blow through the room. I leaned and rested my elbows on the windowsill and looked out to the horizon. Then I saw a male courier walking up to the door of the dormitories. "That must be my escort" I thought. I quickly grabbed my bag and put on my new boots.

I grabbed my extra cloak identical to the first one except it was white. I threw it on and slung my bag over my shoulder. I heard the door downstairs open. I stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at the room I once called home. I didn't stand there to long for I didn't wish to get sentimental about leaving it. I rushed down the stairs with little dignity. I stopped at the bottom, I stand there inspecting my escort, he looked to be a few years older than me "still training" I thought. He was a good looking guy with black hair and hazel eyes. He stood waiting for me to say something. "You're my escort, correct?" I said. "Yes, if your ready we should be getting on our way now" he told me. He gestured to the door. "Of course" I said quickly. He opened the door for me. "Oh, thank you" I said. I walked through with the boy coming out behind me. I looked around the sky was blue, different from its usual grey tone. Snow was just beginning to fall the wind swirling it through the air. I watched as he untied his horses reigns from a nearby fence post. It was a chestnut mare with a cream mane and a white diamond on her forehead. "Would you like to ride in front or behind?" He asked. I looked over to the boy as he spoke. "Behind if thats alright" I said. He nodded held his hands in a cup so he could boost me up into the saddle. I stepped into his hands and landed neatly in the saddle. He then climbed up by putting his foot in the stirrup and jumping into the saddle. He got on in front of me and grabbed the reigns. He turned his head to the side so I could hear him better. "If I were you I would hold on tight" he said with a smirk. He then snapped the reigns, the mare took off with lightning speed. I yelped in surprise and quickly held onto his waist, pulling myself close so I wouldn't fall off. "Jerk" I whisperd. He didn't hear me though. Luckily the draw bridge was down so we could exit the castle and cross the river at the same time. We then rode down a path through a Prarie for quite some time.

I figured I should strike up a conversation or something. I sighed not knowing what to say. "Soo" I started. "So?" He replied. He slowed the horse down to canter. I cleared my throat. "What do people call you?" I asked. There was a pause. "People, call me by my name" he said. I glared at the back of his head. "What is your name?" I asked impatiently. He lifted his to his mouth and cleared his throat. "Thee only name I have miss" he said innocently. "Cut it out" I said, annoyance was buzzing through me. "Alright" he sighed knowing he lost. "People" he said smartly. "Call me Harrison" he said matter of factly. He held his head high and continued to talk. "I'm the best Apprentice Courier of my generation" he boasted dramatically. I rolled my eyes. Then I smirked. "Let me guess, you were the only apprentice Courier of your "generation" I air quoted. He gasped dramatically at my accusation. "I'm simply appalled" he said. He whiped away a fake tear. "I'm right though aren't I" I said as more of a statement then a question. "Oh whatever, its not important" he snapped. "Ha right" I replied. We both laughed enjoying the moment. "So, miss ranger apprentice" he started. "To be ranger apprentice" I corrected him. "Yes of course" he responded. "What do people call you?" He asked. "Well" I started. "People, call me Rielle" I finished.
"What a lovely name" he replied. A bit of blush crept into my cheeks. "For a trickster like yourself that is" he finished. "Rude!" I yelled. I started to hit him on the back of his shoulder. "Ok ok! I'm sorry, please stop hitting me! He pleaded. "Fine" I responded.

The horse came to a stop as Harrison pulled on the reigns. We stopped at the beginning of the forest. I looked around confused. I felt Harrison stiffen. "Whats up with him?" I wondered. "Aren't you supposed to take me all the way to cabin?" I asked. "You'll walk from here" he said curtly. "Oh" was all I could say. I got off the horse and looked up at Harrison. His eyes wouldn't leave the forest in front of him. "Uh thanks for the ride, Harrison" I hoped he was okay, he looked a bit freaked out honestly. He looked back at me. "Y-yeah your welcome" he replied. He started to turn his horse around. "Wait!" I said before he left. "What?" He said. He sounded like he wanted to leave right away. I looked at his face trying to guess what he was feeling. "Will I get to see you again?" I asked. I looked into his eyes hoping he would say yes. He looked away from me. "I...I don't know" he said quietly. He then snapped his reigns and his horse took off running. 

I stared after him like a lost puppy. "What just happened?" I asked myself once he left my sight. I looked back to the forest in front of me. It looked okay at the start but the further I looked it got darker and more full of foliage and trees. It freaked me out a bit but I knew I had no other choice but to go in.

"Why not?" I said. I then plunged into the forest and started to find my way through.