°■▪︎♡▪︎Chapter 15▪︎♡▪︎■°

I felt myself being dragged along the ground.

I felt burnt alive, I probably was. But am I even alive? I can't tell.
All I hoped was that Rielle made it out safe.

I tried opening my eyes but it was too painful, was I even breathing? I tried and found out I could. The cool air filled my lungs as I gasped and opened my eyes.

The world was dark, but as I looked around I noticed it was nearly dawn.

The person dragging me stopped when I gasped. They now were leaning over me, I tried to make out their face but my eyes wouldn't focus.

"Keith!" Said a voice. It was distant and foggy. I tried to speak, I need to say something...anything. But my lips wouldn't move.

"Keith!" Said the voice again.

It sounded...female.

"Rielle?" I croaked. I prayed that it was her, I needed to see for myself that she was ok.

"Its me Maddie" said the voice. My eyes slowly started adjusting

I could make out her face. She was staring at me in surprise. "Maddie?" I wondered. Why was she helping me?

I tried to sit but Maddie pushed me back down.

"Your left leg is broken" she told me. "Really?" I wondered. I tried moving it, but it flared with pain.

"Hey! Stay still!" Maddie instructed.

I sighed. "What a catastrophe we've gotten into" Maddie grumbled. She went to work bandaging my leg to the best of her abilities.

"Im going to help you sit up" she told me.

She grabbed my right arm and started pulling me up. I used my left arm to balance myself once I was up.

"We need to get back to camp" said Maddie. She had an urgency about her that confused me.

"Whats the rush" I asked.

She whipped her head around and glared at me.

I lowered my head, an angry woman is not something I wanted to deal with at the moment.

"The rush" she air quoted. "Is because Lyrica went after you into the burning forest" she snapped.

She stood up and walked a few feet away.

"Where are you off to?" I croaked. My throat felt dryer then a desert.

"I'll be back, im finding you a stick" she said and ran off.

"Yay, a stick" I said. I hoped my sarcasm was noticeable. I sighed. I wish I could lay down again. But Maddie would probably throw a fit if I tried.

She said Lyrica went to find me in the fire. I scratched my head. "I hope someone goes in after her" I thought. Not knowing Rielle had already saved her.

I then heard a glorious sound.

The boom of thunder.

And in a few moments rain started dumping from the sky to save us.

Maddie then came running back. She was holding a long stick with a 'Y' shape at one end.

She came up to me. She was drenched.

"Its raining" I said.

"Im aware" she mumbled. She then helped me stand. She quickly put the stick under my elbow. My arm resting in the 'Y'.

"Hold onto it" she instructed me. I did as I was told and grasped the stick with my left hand.

She was supporting my right side as we walked.

Well, more she walked and I hobbled along barely keeping up with her urgent pace.

"How far are we from camp?" I asked. Maddie was grimacing under my weight.

"To far" she replied. That's when I noticed her neck had a burn mark on it.

I decided not to bring it up, if she wanted to talk about it she would have already.

We crested a small hill. We stood at the top looking down.

The camp was directly below us. The glow of the cook fires becoming less vibrant as the sun rose. The rain clouds would soon put those fires out and cover the sun.

We slowly began picking our way down the hill. Maddie nearly sprained her ankle in a badger hole. The string of words that came from her mouth as she did so, was not pleasant to hear.

We finally reached the bottom.

We hobbled over the campsite. Once we were spotted by the others, they helped us find our camp area.

My eyes had been scanning the area for Rielle the whole time. I couldn't see her anywhere.

I then saw Will, Gilan and Halt sitting around a fire.

Gilan was lying down with his head resting against a log. His cup of coffee sitting beside him only half finished.

He looked exhausted. His face was grey with smoke. I suppose I looked worse.

Will was sitting on Gilans right. He was nursing his arm where a long burn mark was.

Halt was sipping coffee and writing letters to inform the fiefs of the situation and casualties.

They now looked up as they saw us.

Will got up and grabbed my arm so Maddie could sit down. He then let me lay down near the fire.

Will then went over to Maddie.

"I was afraid you wouldn't get out" he said, his voice thick with emotion.

"Oh really! I think you were more afraid of telling my parents of my death" she joked. Will cracked a smile and gave his apprentice a hug.

"Uh, you guys do know that Lyrica is still in the forrest, right?" I reminded them.

The mood became darker then the rain clouds.

"We've sent out search parties for the both of them, but-" started Halt.

"Wait both of them?" I emphasized both.

"Oh...you don't know yet..." said Will awkwardly. I glared at him from my laying position, "not very threatening" I thought.

"Its...Rielle, she went after Lyrica for you" said Will finally.

(A/N)

Yo Pepperonis! Waz up?

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Life is busy.

I hope your still enjoying my story.

Have a great day! Remember your an awsome person!       Bye!!

                                                                                                             🌸💜🌸