<><> Chapter 7 <><>

After about five minutes of getting used to my room, I decided to go back out into the dining room. I got up from bed and tip toed towards the door. A floorboard in front of my door squeeked as I stepped on it. "I'll have to remember that" I thought. I then opened the door.

I stepped out into the kitchen. My mentor...Keith I believe, was sitting at the table drinking something that smelled like nothing i had ever smelled before. "Care to sit?" He asked. He gestured to the chair pulled out at the opposite end of the table. "Oh...sure" I said. I quickly made my way over to the chair and sat.

I scooted my chair up closer to the table and so I could rest my arms. He took a sip of his drink and set it down on the table. "If I may ask" I started. "Out with it" he said. He leaned back in his chair and waited for me to continue. "What are you drinking?" I asked innocently. "Tch what am drinking" he scoffed. He took another sip while watching me over the rim of his mug. I was still waiting for an answer. "Your serious?" He asked me. He raised his eyebrow at me. "Uhg YES I'm very serious!" I said annoyed he didn't take my question seriously, I wanted to try some and my patience was running out. "Alright stop freaking out I'll get you some coffee" he said. He got up and went to grab another mug from the cabinet.

"Its called coffee then?" I asked. He walked back over. "Yes, now drink" he set the mug down in front of me. He started walking towards his room. "What are you doing?" I asked. I took a sip of the drink. I grimaced "Ok that was slightly unpleasant" I said. I set the cup down and glanced over my shoulder to see what Keith was doing. "Keith?" I called. "You missed my first time trying coffee!" That was like...a milestone or whatever they call it" I waited for a response but got none. I got up, a bit uneasy at his sudden disappearance I walked about five feet to his room. I pushed the door open slightly. I then saw Keith coming in from outside, through a different door in his room. I quickly backed up and went back to my chair. I sat down the second he came into the kitchen. "Spying is only useful if you can remain unseen" he said. I frowned, sad I was caught. "Where were you?" I asked. "Getting the horses ready" he said. He was grabbing food from the cabinets and stuffing it in a sack. "Wait a second why? Are we going somewhere?" I asked. He set the food bag down on the table. "Yes now go get your things and bring them out to the stable around the back of the cabin" he instructed me. "Ok fine" responded. I got up to go. "You didn't drink your coffee?" I froze. "Uh well, you see... I don't really...like it" I told him sheepishly. "Tsk tsk tsk, a ranger who doesn't like coffee". I'm sure some friends of mine will get you to change your mind" he told me with a smirk on his face.. "Sure..." I mumbled. I made it to my room and grabbed my bag and fluffy winter cloak. I held them in my arms and walked back to the kitchen. Keith saw me and frowned. "Hold it, I'll be right back" he told me. He quickly marched to his room. "What could he possibly be doing?" I wondered.

He then came out with a folded garment in his hands. He walked up to me. He grabbed my fluffy cloak and gave me the thing he was holding. "Use this" he told me. He put my fluffy cloak back in my room. I set my bag on the floor and unfolded the garment. Keith came back. My face lit up when I figured out what the piece of clothing was. "My own ranger cloak!" I said excitedly. "Yes! I'm gonna look so cool!" I said quietly. "Put it on and grab your stuff then we'll leave" he told me.