\•\•\•\Chapter 14/•/•/•/

I sat cross legged by the fallen tree. I was debating if I should go into the fire or not.

"Uhg, why did everyone have to go in there?" I grumbled. If they all died I'd be completely alone. Well except for Easton, but he isn't here now.

"If I go in what would I find?" I wondered. "The others could be dead by now and I'm just sitting here!"

I stood up, gathering my courage. I used a bandana I had stuffed in pocket from my tent, I tied it around my face.

"Well clean air" I said sadly. "Nice knowing ya" I said. I then ran into the burning woods.

                                                      >>---->

The air was full of smoke and sparks. Trees and branches were falling down all around the area.

If I stopped running it felt like I would burn up. The smoke was slowly getting through my bandana. My eyes were streaming with tears from the smoke.

I dodged as a tree fell in front of me.

"Few! That was close" I thought. I then jumped over the burning tree but my foot got caught on a hidden branch and I fell to the ground.

"Oof!" I hit the ground and got ash all over me. I quickly got up and patted myself down in case I was on fire somewhere.

I then heard a yell from somewhere farther ahead.

"HEEEY!!!" I yelled back.

I then heard another yell from the same place. I started running towards it.

I stopped at the bottom of a tall hill. "YELL IF YOU CAN HEAR ME!"  I yelled as loudly as I could. My lungs were burning from the smoke but I wasn't giving up just yet.

I didn't hear another shout but I had the feeling that somewhere over that hill was one of my friends.

I began charging up the hill, my feet felt like they were on fire. I quickly glanced down to see that it was only the thick moss burning away into ashes. I crested the hill. But the other side was much steeper.

My feet slipped out from underneath me and rolled/fell down the hill. Once I got to the bottom I tried standing, all my senses were pretty messed up from my tumble but I managed to get to my feet.

Once my vision cleared I saw....a burning tree. And underneath it...

I gasped in horror.

"Lyrica!" I screamed as the fire was nearly on her.

It felt like I ran that 20 feet in 3 seconds.

Adrenaline was pumping through me, I grabbed ahold of the burning tree and lifted it up.

"Crawl out now!" I yelled to Lyrica.

My Adrenaline was starting to wear off.

From the corner of my eye I saw Lyrica start moving. It looked like only her legs had been pinned down. But she was just using her arms to pull herself away.

"Hurry!" I urged her.

She finally got clear off the tree. I then dropped it and fell backwards beside Lyrica.

She grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. "My legs won't move" she choked on her words.

"Just go without me!" Find Keith and get out of here" she told me.

I somehow found the strength to sit up.

"No way am I leaving you here to die, so don't say that" I told her.

"But-" she then started coughing. We didn't have much time before we both would die from smoke inhalation.

"Listen Will and Maddie are out there looking for Keith, all that we can do now is try to get out of here alive!" I yelled.

I stood up. Lyrica pushed herself onto her elbows.

"I've been thinking" I said. Lyrica looked at me expectantly.

I then made up my mind.

I bent down close to her. "What are you-" she started. "Get on my back, im carrying you out of here!" I told her.

Lyrica didn't argue. She threw her arms around my neck.

I grabbed her legs and held them at my waist. Lyrica was a few inches taller then me, but we weighed basically the same.

I then stood up. The cut on my arm was blazing with pain. But as I walked I kept telling myself that the pain wasn't important and that saving Lyrica was.

Lyrica started sagging on my back and that told me she had gone unconscious.

"I have to hurry" I told myself. I managed to walk a bit faster. I was getting my second wind.

I had gone in the direction away from the hill. It would be a shorter exit then going back the way I had come.

But then we would be on the other side of the forest, separated from the camp by a wall of fire.

I didn't let that thought linger. I saw the dark blue sky through the trees up ahead.

I nearly tripped over a barbed wire that was strewn on the floor. I shook my foot loose and continued forward.

The world around me was starting to go dim. But I then felt clean air fill my lungs. We had made it out.

I took about ten more steps away from the fire before I passed out, sending me and Lyrica tumbling to the ground.

[ Author's Note♡]

Sup pepperonis. Yes I know another cliff hanger, but also I updated very quick! You like? Hehe.

If you like my story feel free to leave a comment! I want some feedback! So don't be shy! I don't bite😉😁

And if you would like to....no pressure or anything. Could you pwease vote for my story?🥺💜🥺 I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks for reading!

Btw none of these are edited. I'm slowly going through and editing  a random bit of a chapter. So yeah typos galore 🙄

Bye~✌