•~{ Chapter 9 }~•

I looked around as we entered the campsite. How I didn't realize we were this close to the campsite, I don't know. But at least it went by quickly.

I watched as other rangers were setting up camp, pitching tents building cook fires and taking targets to the shooting field.

I followed Keith to an empty space to set up our tents and leave our horses. Once we dismounted I noticed that when I looked up the trees were very very tall, and they blocked the grey light from the winter, sky. It was slightly gloomy but the glow from about thirty-five cook fires lit up the space.

I looked over to Keith who was unloading his supplies from Iris's saddle pack. I walked up to him. I figured I should probably help set up our camp space. "Can I help with anything" I didn't speak to loud because voices carried far in this forest and I didn't want everyone hearing what I was saying.

Keith was starting to unroll his tent when he replied.

"Go meet the others, make some friends. Its your first gathering" he said matter of factly. I was surprised I didn't have to help. But I was also a bit shy now that I saw how many people there were. And I didn't have any training, I was hopelessly out ranked by everybody here.

Keith must have senced my hesitation. He tried hiding his laughter. "Your going to be fine, I'm pretty sure everyone here is at least a bit nicer than me...maybe" he said. I rolled my eyes. "How encouraging!" I replied sarcastically. He shooed me away with his hands and winked at me. "This man will be the end of meee" I fumed. As I made my way out of the "safety" of Keith's camp I felt utterly terrified. I noticed as I walked past some of the rangers, they cast quick glances in my direction. I pulled my cowl down over my face hoping to hide within the blotchy fabrick.

"Friendlier than Keith huh?" I thought skeptically. I looked around for some "nicer" looking rangers to introduce myself to. My eyes landed on a group of four. All male from what I could tell. They were sitting on the ground around a campfire drinking coffee and laughing as they joked with each other. I was to scared to go sit by them so I decided to walk past.

"Hey you!" Someone shouted. I stopped and turned around not sure if I was the one being called or not. I looked to see one of the four around the fire motioning for me to join them. Realived I wouldn't have to make the first move I quickly walked over to them and sat between two of the four.