Chapter 5

Please correct me if I don't know how to make tea. It's not one of my everyday beverages and I tried to figure out someone in the 1800s would brew it, but I was having some issues. Anyway, enjoy.

Warning: William being an ass (choking)

Y/n POV (9 years old)( 1 year before "The Scarlet Eyes"):

"You may enter," I hear the oldest Moriarty say, making me enter the dining room again. As I walk to the end of the table, I notice how all the dirty dishes are now cleared off the table and are replaced with typical tea sets. I turn to face the oldest man sitting at the table, slightly confused as to why he would want me to come back here.

"Good evening Lord Moriarty, is there anything I can help you with?" I ask, slightly bowing and closing my eyes, being sure not to look the master of the house in the eyes.

"Albert, tell me what you wanted to show me that was so extraordinary," the lord says to his son, not taking his eyes off my form. My eyes quickly move to the boy I had met earlier, slightly questioning what his father meant by extraordinary. To me, I was nothing special, I just did my job.

Albert slightly clears his throat before speaking. " Bonsoir Y/n, comment ça va?" he asks in French, making me understand what he was doing, but not why he was doing it. He was speaking basic terms, which made me respond in the same way, but he was a beginner now that I hear him speak some more terms.

"Bonsoir Monsieur Albert, ça va bien, et tu?" I monotonously reply, surprising all in the room, but Albert, as he proudly smiles.

"Ça va très bien. Merci beaucoup," Albert says as he turns to his father. "What do you think?" he asks, confusing me again.

(Translation: "Good evening Y/n, how are you doing?" "Good evening Mister Albert, I am well, and you?" "I am very good, thank you very much")

"It's impressive, but that doesn't explain why you would want them as your butler," Lord Moriarty says to Albert, making me break character and put on a small surprised expression.

"What I'm purposing is that they can work for me and stay by my side. They do not have to neglect their cleaning duties, but I mean to have them do as I say and have them move to a room closer to my own," Albert explains to his family as I lose my shocked expression and replace it with my professional one.

'Calm down, Albert, I'm not that kind of servant,' I jokily think to myself at the small sexual joke.

"Y/n, can you please go make us some tea? Please pick whatever leaves you see fit," Albert orders me with a gentle voice. I bow my upper body and turn to go back to the kitchen.

As I push open the doors, I stand in place for a second, waiting for the door to close. Once I hear a clicking noise, I let out a sigh of relief.

'Thank God, I didn't get fired,' I think as I look around the kitchen, trying to figure out where the kettle and tea leaves.

A good portion of the items was already placed out, making it very convenient for me to make the tea. 'To whoever left things like this, I will be forever thankful,' I think as I grab the kettle and pour about 1.5 litres, or 6 cups, of water into it. I place the kettle on the coal-burning stove and turned it on, lighting a small fire under the kettle.

As I waited for it to boil, I measured out the tea leaves and poured the sugar and milk into its corresponding dish. I turn to look back at the kettle and noticed that steam was coming out of the kettle at a consistent speed, making me turn off the stove. Using a tea towel, I grab the handle of the kettle and move it to a part of the stove that wasn't hot.