Chapter 10

Warning: Mentions of Vomit

Y/n POV (10 years old):

'Albert has remained quiet since we visited the chapel,' I think as we walk down the second-floor hallway at the Moriarty estate. As per usual, I was walking a few paces behind Albert as the black, leather collar sat on my throat. I truly had no idea what was running through his head and that scared me the most. 'What will he do? Did he hear my chanting?' I question myself as I hear a door squeak open.

My eyes widen as I watch Mary run towards us, not paying attention to where she was going. Looking at her hands, I see her holding her right hand in her left, blood running down both hands. My stomach harshly churns at the mere sight. Her shoulder hits Alberts as she runs past him. She looks back to apologize but ends up running straight into me. The force knocks me down as my head harshly hits the ground.  I brutally bite my tongue on impact. My air is suddenly stolen from my lungs as I gasp. I grunt in pain as I lay on the floor.

"I-I'm terribly sorry!" I hear Mary apologize as I taste blood in my mouth. I squint my eyes at the bright lights hanging over my head. Propping my elbows up, I sit up as my eyes try to adjust to the light. Looking around the room, my vision fades in and out of blurriness as black dots start to show up around the hallway.

"Oh no," I say to myself as I feel my eyes start to shut on their own. Refusing to think my self-diagnosis was right, I try to stand up before I feel my head start to spin. A concussion. All the symptoms were there. On top of that, my stomach was churning even more than before as I force myself onto my feet.

"Y/n... your undershirt..." Albert shakily tells me as he points at me. Looking down, I almost pass out once I see the huge bloodstain on my white shirt. Mary must have run full force into me with her right hand because almost all of her blood seemed to splatter onto me. "You're excused from your duties," Albert tells me as he steps out of the way. I take this as an opportunity to run to my bathroom as best I could. Unfortunately for me, an annoying brat stops me in my tracks as he steps out of his room.

"You're back home early, Brother," William welcomes home his brother, acting like a maid didn't just run out of his room with a bloody hand. My blurred eyes naturally move down to his hand and see the blooded fork. My head suddenly throbs as I feel my food from earlier hit the back of my throat. Gagging, I give up all rational thinking and wobbly run past William.

I throw open my bedroom door as I put my hand over my mouth, fearing I would spew onto the carpet. As another throb hits my head, I run over to my bathroom and use my body to force open the door. My stomach churns once more while I practically jump at the bathtub and lean my head over the side. My body can no longer hold my food in my stomach and I hurl my inside up. With every upchuck, the pain in my head pulses even harder to the point where my thoughts were no longer working. All of a sudden, everything goes black and I pass out.

-------

-/n! Y/n! Wake up! Y/n!" I hear a familiar voice shout at me, making my headache hurt even more. As I try to open my eyes and move my head, I feel as there was almost sitting on my neck. Fighting the urge to fall asleep again, I turn my head to face the source of the voice. Squinting my eyes, I see emerald green eyes filled with worry as a few strands of chocolate brown hair sway in front of them.

"Oh, Albert," I weakly smile at him as my consciousness slips from my grasps. "You... have pretty eyes," is the final thing I say before I pass out again.

~Albert POV:~

"...You... have pretty eyes," is all Y/n says before they pass out again. My eyes widen at their words as my cheeks lightly heat up.