Chapter 7

I hate that I switch between the metric and imperial measuring systems in its chapter, but whatever, I hope you guys understand. I also call blonde William 'Liam' because why not? Enjoy the chapter!

Y/n POV( 10 years old)

"I expect you to take it off as soon as we arrive at the school. I do not want a repeat of what happened last week," Albert tells me as we walk to the entrance hall, preparing to leave for the ragged school.

"Yes Lord Albert," I respond as I keep my head down in shame, remembering the events that took place at our previous visit.

~Flashback~

"What happened?!" I hear Albert ask as he steps into the carriage. I presume all he can see is me holding my handkerchief to the back of my neck as blood slowly oozes out of my old wounds.

"I overreacted. It won't happen again," is all I say as I look out the window, not brave enough to see Albert's worrying face. This entire situation could have been prevented if I had only removed the collar as soon as we left the estate grounds. If I had only done that then my heart wouldn't be full of so much guilt.

As the carriage begins to move, Albert stays quiet beside me, likely fuming in anger.

'Why are you upset? Was it because I embarrassed you? Is it because you have to see my blood again, which even I don't want to see?' I think as I pressure myself into apologizing for my actions.

"Albert... I'm sorry for making you upset, I only-" I begin to say, but am quickly cut off by Albert raising his voice.

"Why are you apologizing?! It's not your fault!!" he suddenly exclaims, making me jump at the volume of his voice. He has never once raised his voice at me before today and it makes me feel uneasy. The rest of the ride back to the estate was quiet, broken occasional creaking from the carriage. As we begin to approach the house, I take my collar out of my pocket and put it around my fresh wounds, making me slightly wince at the pain.

"Please go to my room and await further instructions," Albert commands me in a serious tone, telling me I had no say in the matter. I nod my head as I wait for the carriage to slow down.

When the footman opened the door, Albert quickly steps out and walks into the house, leaving me to sit alone in the carriage. I slowly get out of the carriage and drag myself to Alberts room, not acknowledging any of the other servants as I pass them. Honestly, I had no idea why Albert wanted me in his room, but I assumed the worst was to come.

After a few minutes of walking, I reach his room. Staring at the door handle, I idly stand in front of it, my body not wanting to enter the room. 'Stop being so afraid and accept your punishment, you knew something this would eventually happen,' I think as I slowly open the door and walkthrough.

Looking around the room, I see that Albert hasn't come to his room yet, making me let out a small sigh, glad I wouldn't have to deal with his wrath for a few more minutes. I sit in the armchair I had previously been reading in as I wait for my master to come back.

After a few minutes of waiting, I hear the door open and shoes begin to walk over to my chair, making my whole body stiffen up. "Take off the collar and lay down face-first on my bed," Albert asks as he stands behind me, something slightly rattling in his hands. Not looking back at him, I take off the collar and walk over to his bed. I crawl across it until neither of my legs hangs off the edge as I lay down flat, my face burying into his thick duvet.