Revelation

"You think he's what?!" J.J. nearly screamed, after the confusion had cleared. Reid nearly ran from the room when the breakthrough had been revealed to the team.

Utter confusion had follwed the genius' abrupt exit. J.J. and Garcia began freaking out, Blake and Rossi were shocked but calm and Morgan had attempted to pursue Reid, but Hotch stopped him saying "Just let him go, he needs time to let this all sink in."

"Yes, this is a possibility. But only time will tell. We have to make sure Reid is with one of us at all times," Hotch explained further.

"What about now? We don't know where he went," Morgan retorted.

"I'll call him," J.J. chimed, pulling out her phone and dialing Reid's number. She placed the phone on the table and the team stood around it waiting anxiously as the phone rang once, twice, three times before the ever so familiar voice of their little brother answered the phone.

"Agent Reid,"

"Oh Reid thank God, where are you?" J.J. asked, paniked

"I took one of the bureau SUVs and i'm going to take a look at the last crime scene. See if I can find anything significant."

"Okay i'm sending Morgan to meet you there," Hotch said, sending Morgan from the room with a wave of his hand.

"Don't bother i'll probably be done when he gets there."

"I'm sending him anyway."

"Ok fine. I have to go. Bye." Before the team could responed the line went dead. They all sighed in relief knowing there youngest co-worker was safe.

Meanwhile...

Reid was driving down the highway, in the direction of the Griffins house. The highway was small, only two lanes, four when it came to a stop light. One of which Reid was approaching now. He pulled to a stop and waited impaitently for the light to turn green. When the light graciously flickered from red to green Reid speed forward. He made it halfway through the crossroads, when a large truck on his left , ran the red light and collided with the smaller SUV. The driver's side of the vehicle was crushed inward and Reid was knock unconsious on impact.

The SUV was sent skidding across the blacktop and into a nearby ditch. Reid was lucky, if he had been concious he would have been engulfed in pain, from his head to his toes. Blood dripped down the left side of his face, from where his head had smashed againest the shattered window.

All around him people rushed from their cars to check the state of everyone. Three people had called 911 and sirens were getting closer. Nobody knew who Reid was or where he was going. Just that he was a normal person, enjoying a normal day.

It took 2min 47 secs for the three ambulances, 4 police cars, and a firetruck to arrive. Four of the EMTs rushed over to Reid's SUV and began preparing to remove him from the destroyed vehicle. They checked his pulse and once they were sure he was alive, they hurriedly, but carefully removed him from the SUV.

The two other EMTs went to the truck to check if the passenger and the driver were alright.  The driver of the truck, young man maybe the age of 18 received minor injuries. But his passenger an elderly lady had to be looked over more thoroughly. After she was cleared, the young driver was called over to talk to an officer.

One of the younger officers that responded to the scene, reconized Reid, as he was being loaded into the ambulance, from the case. "Hey, that's an FBI agent. He's working on those murders that have been happening around here," called the young officer.  

Over hearing what the young officer had said, the driver of the truck called out, "wait he's an FBI agent? Did I just kill an FBI agent? Oh my God! Is he dead? Did I..."

"Son just calm down, he isn't dead. Charlie, go call his superior," ordered a much older officer. Charlie ran off to his squad car and pulled out the contacts list. At the bottom of the page was a phone number, with the name 'Aaron Hotchner', printed above it.

"John, is the superior's name Aaron Hotchner?" He yelled to his boss.

"Yup thats the one." Charlie punched the number into his phone. Waiting as it rang once, twice, three times before someone answered.

<->

"Hotch theres no one here, I've searched the whole house," Morgan grumbled nervously.

"Maybe he already left. He did say that he would probably be finished when you got there," Hotch argued.

"Have someone call him, maybe J.J. or Garcia, they'll be able to talk some sense into him. But call me back if you get anything." Morgan hung up and walked around the house once more. "Come on Reid where are you?" He asked to himself.

<->

Hotch had J.J. call Reid, but to their horror no one answered. The team began to panic, not having any real evidence to whether or not their genius had been kidnapped. They spread around the office  finishing tasks, hoping to find something. Anything, to prove their hunches wrong. They had nothing  until,  Hotch's phone rang.

"Agent Hotchner," Hotch answered glumly.

"Agent, this is Officer Charlie. I'm afraid I have some bad news."

"Hold on a second officer." Hotch waved to his team members and they rushed into the room. Hotch placed the phone on the table and everyone listened intently. The sirens in the background making everyone nervous. "Okay continue."

" Your agent, Dr. Reid, got into a car accident and they're taking him to the hospital." Gasps filled the quiet room.

"How bad was he?" Hotch asked genuinely concerned.

"I saw him, he looked bad. But i'm sure the hospital will get him fixed up in no time."

"Okay thank you officer." Hotch hung up the phone and stared around at the expressions of his team members, his family, and now they were one family member short. Everyone was scared for Reid, but glad that they knew where he was. "We're going to the hospital. J.J. call Morgan and tell him to meet us there." J.J. nodded, with tears in her eyes and began punching in his number. "We'll work from the hospital for now, and Reid is never alone. Understand?" Everyone nodded and they rushed from the room, through the office, down the elevator, and out to the black SUVs. The key to their young genius.