Hope Arrives

Morgan had no idea how someone who was exausted as he was could not fall asleep. He sat awake all night twisting and turning trying to find a comfortable position in the hard plastic chairs. But of course no such position exsisted. When the sun began to rise and the room was filled with more natural light than artificial, Morgan rose from his chair and strode over to the nurses station. The nurse behind the desk was a young beautiful blonde whom Morgan was instantly attracted to.

When the nurse saw Morgan approaching she smiled widely and her eyes began to twinkle. "How may I help you?" She asked sweetly.

"I'm looking for Spencer Reid," Morgan announced confidently. 

"Alright." She checked the check-in log and smiled even wider when she found his name. "He is in room 141. Down the hall and on the left side." The nurse pointed in the direction she spoke of. 

"Thank-you." Morgan winked at the nurse before walking down the hall. From the corner of his eye, he could see the nurse's cheeks turn bright red. 

When Morgan finally found himself outside his brothers room he took a deep breath before putting his hand on the cold metal handle of the door. The second it took him to turn the handle was the longest second of his life. He braced himself as he pushed the door open, revealing Reid. Morgan gasped as he took in the kids form lying on the bed. If Morgan were to say one word about how this kid looked it would be dead. He was extremely pale and skinny. Morgan had joked about how skinny he was before but that was nothing compared to what he looked like now. The tubes and wires protruding from everywhere didn't help either.

The room itself was small with two chairs placed in the far right corner and a window on the far left. The walls were the same bland white, the same as every other god forsaken hospital the kid got himself into, as were the tiled floor.

The only sounds in the room were the humming of the machines and the bliping of the heart monitor. Morgan didn't know how long he stood there, just staring at his friend's limp form, but it felt like an eternity. He was only awakened from his trance when a soft knock sounded on the door.

"Come in," he whispered so quitly it was a miracle that the new visitor had heard him. 

The door opened a crack and Garcia's blonde head poked its way around the corner. She gasped as she saw Reid's limp form, and she started to cry once more.

Morgan stood holding Garcia as she buried her head into his shoulder. He allowed her tears to soak into his shirt, as he fought back his own tears that had been threatening to fall since he first laid eyes on the broken form on the bed. 

"Baby Girl it's alright, we got our boy back. Everything's okay..." Morgan said, trying to be reassuring. 

"I know but he's to young to have to deal with this. He's already been through so much."

"I know mama, I know." 

It wasn't long before the rest of the team arrived. J.J. first, then Hotch, Rossi and Blake. Each took turns walking through the door of the genius' room, and each took turns gasping at the sight that awaited them.

J.J. had cried, much like Garcia had, and the two blondes took to comforting each other. 

Hotch and Rossi looked emotionless, but to the group of profilers something in their eyes said otherwise.

And Blake bowed her head, sorrow spreading across her features.

The room was quiet as the team waited for the man laying on the bed to show signs of waking. Blake had fallen asleep in a chair pressed against the right wall, but no one else could find it in them to. 

"Do you think he'll be okay?" 

The team stared at Morgan for a moment before they averted their gaze to Reid. 

"I don't know," was all Hotch could answer.

"I think he will. He's strong," J.J. said confidently. 

"Damn right he is, and my baby boy better get through this or i'll have to smack him," Garcia said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I'll have to hold you to that." No one recognized the voice. It was small, weak. It was only when the sound of sheets rustling filled the room, that they realized Reid had been the one to speak.

The team turned their heads to look Reid. His eyes were open and he had a small smile on his face.

"Reid!"