A Nightmare Come True

NO CHARACTER DEATHS! I love them to much for that! Cover photo credit goes to blvrryfvces. Thank you so much!

A new day, a new case. This was normal for Dr. Spencer Reid, profiler for the B.A.U. But what wasn't normal was how strange J.J. had sounded on the phone. She was hesitent as she told him to meet at the office in twenty minutes, sounded almost panicked as she told him to bring his "go" bag and her voice shaky as she said good-bye.

The young doctor tried not to worry, but he knew something was amiss. He quickly got dressed, gathered his things and left his quiet Washington apartment. He quickly found his blue Volvo in the silent parking garage under his building. When he entered the car and closed the door, he felt an automatic and familiar sense of safety. 

The drive to the office was short and uneventful. The familiar smell of the B.A.U. engulfed him as he entered the building. He entered the small elevator, and saw the ever so familiar clock on the wall which read: 7:26am. Reid was used to waking up this early by now, he had been working for the F.B.I. for nine years and had solved hundreds of cases. Some more haunting then others.

The elevator dinged as Reid reached his floor. He stepped out of the elevator and quickly noticed that none of his team were in sight. Where are they? He thought to himself as he walked over to his cubicle. He put his things under his desk and noticed a note, with his name on the top.

The note read: Spence, we're in the briefing room. He could hardly reconize the writing to be J.J's, it was messy and sprawled out over the paper. Reid rushed to the briefing room where he knew his team, his family, would be waiting. He pushed open the door and saw a sight he wasn't expecting to see. Bodies.

They were everywhere, on the floor, sitting up in chairs and even stretched across the table. But they weren't just any bodies, they were the dead bodies of his team, his family. He stared aound the room in shock and horror. Blood coated the floor, and glassy eyes stared up at him, accusing him. He stood staring around the room in disbelief, before he fell to his knees and began to sob. His hot tears streamed down his face, and his hands were soaked with the blood of his friends.

Questions swam in his head. How could he tell Jack, that his father was dead? How could he tell Henry that "Mommy isn't coming home? At this thought he began to bawl louder. He looked over at J.J.'s dead body, lying lifeless on the ground. Her glassy eyes staring at him and her lips began to move, "Reid? Spencer. Hey Spence!"

Hope you liked it ! I'll be updating soon. Please comment and like!