One Can Only Hope

"Dammit!" Morgan yelled, before dropping to his knees. He gently placed Reid on the ground and began doing CPR. Hotch fell down beside him and sent two breaths of air into Reid's lungs after Morgan had done five chest compressions. They repeated the process until they heard a soft cough emit from the young man lying on the ground. They both gave a weak smile, but it quickly fadded as they realized that he was not conscious. Morgan lifted him off the ground and ran towards the waiting paramedics. He laid Reid down on the stretcher and took a reluctant step back, letting the paramedics do their job. 

When they had ensured that Reid was stable enough to travel the young genius was loaded into the back of the ambulance. 

"I'm going with him," Morgan announced in a voice that implied that no argument should be made.

"I'm sorry sir theres no room," the paramedic said hesitantly.

"Okay," he sighed, "but i'm driving," he told Hotch. Hotch nodded and ran with Morgan to the SUV. J.J. joined them while Blake and Rossi jumped into the other one. And in no time they were on their way to the hospital, once more for their genius.

                                                                                            <->

Waiting. Waiting was the worst part. Not knowing what was happening to their little brother. He had been in surgery for 4 hours, and no word had reached the ears of the team.

Garcia had arrived only 20 minutes after the rest of the team, having stayed after Reid's accident, and was now sobbing into Morgan's shoulder.

The air in the room was different then last time. The sullenness eminated from each team member creating a feel of death in the air.

No one spoke. No one moved. No one even dared breath to loud for fear of the worst. Everyone sat apart from each other, with the exception of Morgan and Garcia. Each had a gloomy expression on their face. Garcia had been the only one to shed a tear. The rest knew they had to be strong for Reid. They hadn't so much as share a look amongst each other since arriving at the hospital. Each team member was deep in thought, until their silent sadness was interupted by a young male doctor walking into the room.

"Spencer Reid?" He said, staring at each team member in turn to see who was there or the young man he had just operated on. To his suprise every person in the waiting room stood up and walked over to him. "Are you his family?" He asked, dubiously.

"We're as close to family as he's got. Now how is he?" Morgan asked iritably.

"Well it took us a while but I am positive he will make a full recovery." The team hated how familier those words were. 

"What was the extent of his injuries?" Hotch asked what everyone was thinking.

"Well, we had to re-stitch all but three of his previous wounds, his left shoulder had to be re-set, we had to re-set his previously broken ribs and set six more of his ribs, his broken leg was fine, no more harm there, but one of his broken ribs pierced his lung and caused it to collapse. We have to keep him intubated until he can breathe properly on his own. He also may have some memory loose of the events." 

The team was shocked at the news. No one could bring themselves to say anything until Hotch spoke up.

"When can we see him?"

"Not until the morning, he is heavily sedated and will be sleeping for the rest of the night and into tomorrow morning. Until then I suggest you all get some rest. It looks like you havn't gotten sleep in ages."

"Thank-you doctor," Hotch sighed. The doctor answer with a slight nod and walked off in the other direction. "The doctor I right, veryone should go back to the hotel and get some sleep."

"Like hell!" Morgan argued.

"Morgan, we all look like hell. We all need sleep. We can visit him in the morning."

"Hotch the last time we left Reid alone at the hospital he was kidnapped by a pyshcopath. I'm not about to leave him again." Hotch knew he was right. The last time they left Reid on his own Eagon had managed to kidnap him from a crowded hospital. 

"FIne Morgan you stay, but everyone else is going back to the hotel." Everyone nodded reluctantly and began to walk towards the exit. Garcia walked towards Morgan and jabbed a ringed finger into his chest.

"If anything happens, if he so much as twitches I want you to call me. Got it?" She pressed. Morgan raised his hands in mock defeat. 

"Of course babygirl." Garcia hugged him before walking towards the exit.

"Same goes for me," Hotch ordered.

"I will." With that Hotch followed the rest of the team out. And Morgan was alone, in the empty waiting room. He sat down in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs, laid his head back against the wall and closed his eyes. 

Come on kid, I know you have it in you to pull through.