Waiting

The team sat nervously in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting news of Reid. He was currently in surgery and doctors were trying their hardest to help him pull through. He had sustained many injuries and had lost a large amount of blood. He had been rushed to the O.R. as soon as he arrived at the hospital. The team were steps behind him, when they saw the feet of their friend on the stretcher, whisk around a corner.

Each team member, knowing the life of their little brother was in danger, had their own ways of coping.

Hotch sat in one of the waiting rooms plastic chairs, talking to Strauss about the current perdicament, with an uncommon look of worry and sorrow, spread across his face. Rossi stood in a corner as far away from the team as he could get, keeping his composire as he wept on the inside. J.J. sat on the floor, her arms around Blake, as she cried for Reid knowing that she may never see him again. Morgan, silent tears slowly creeping their way down his cheek, sat with his arm around a rather perturbed Garcia. She had caught the first flight to Atlanta, when news of Reid had reached her, and was now crying into Morgan's shoulder, silently praying that her Junior G man would be around to see the next day.

It would come soon though. The day was coming to a close, as the big hand ticked closer to twelve o'clock. The day having gone by slowly as the antagonizing wait drew longer. It wasn't until 11:47pm when an older male doctor in blood-covered scrubs called out the name "Spencer Reid".

"That's us," Hotch said solemnly, standing up. The rest of the team followed their boss' motion and they all stood quietly waiting for the news. The doctor looked strangly at the group, knowing immediatly that this group of people were in no way, family.

"Well the injuries Dr. Reid sustained were serious and it took some time, but I'm confident that he will fully heal." Everyone let out sighs of relief knowing that Reid was going to be alright.

"How serious were the injuries?" Morgan asked, not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

"Well, he has a grade 3 concussion, which resulted him to go unconscious. He has three broken ribs on his left side, a dislocated shoulder, his left fibula was broken in three places which resulted in surgery, and he needed 67 sticthes in his left arm and hand, and his head. He also lost a lot of blood."

"When can we see him?" Morgan asked, slightly shaken, knowing how much pain Reid is going to be in.

"He is still sleeping but the drugs should where off sometime in the next hour. I will have a nurse com get you when he begins to wake."

"Thank-you Doctor, er..." Hotch said. The doctor hadn't introduced himself

"Watson. John Watson." The doctor told the team, extending his hand.

"Agent Aaron Hotchner." Hotch took the suprised doctor's hand and continued. "These are agents, Derek Morgan, Alex Blake, David Rossi, Jennifer Jareau, and our Technical Analyst Penelope Garcia." Hotch indicated each agent as he spoke their names.

"Agents? As in the FBI? Is Dr. Reid in some sort of trouble?"

"No he is actually an FBI agent himself," J.J. explained, drying the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

"I wasn't aware that i had a federal agents life in my hands. Well I must be off. It was nice talking to you, " Dr. Watson proclaimed, slowly walking away. "I'll have a nurse come get you when Agent Reid begins to wake."

The agents watched as the doctor strolled down the empty hallway and eventually turned the corner. They all sighed audibly and fell into relieved silence, knowing the worst had passed. The group returned to their previous seats and waited for the nurse, to show themself, and deliver the news of their beloved genius.

The room was quiet until Hotch spoke up through the thick silence, startling the group. "We still need to find the UNSUB." His voice was somber and low, adding to his dark eyes and gloomy expression. The team slowly looked up at their leader, their eyes understanding. "Garcia, did you bring your laptop with you?" Hotch asked quietly.

"Yeah, it's in my bag," She answered, wiping away a tear and reaching to grab her bag. "What do you need?"

"Look for any "Tobias fan sites", and see who my be a little to obsessed, with him and his murders."

"Then cross reference that with anybody Reid may have had close contact with recently," Morgan piped in.

"Oh, sweetness you know I don't feel comfortable looking into your guys' personal lives. It's personal for a reason."

"I know just please do it for Reid, I'm sure he won't mind if it means catching this guy."

"Okay, I'm sorry Reid," she sighed quietly to herself and began looking for any overly obsessed Tobias fans.

"J.J. what did you find out from the families?" Hotch asked trying to stay focused.

"By the sounds of things, all four victims were loving and caring people. The Griffins wanted to start a family. And both couples volanteered at different schools churches and homeless shelters."

"The UNSUB could have met them in anyone of those places. Garcia also check to see if the victims crossed paths anywhere." Garcia nodded and continued typing.

"Dave, Morgan did you find anything at the Evans' house?"

"Nothing. No DNA, no evidence and no computer," Rossi sighed.

"There wasn't a computer at the Griffins either," Blake pointed out.

"So now we have to find out what connects the victims. Great," Morgan grumbled, just the thought of working without Reid, caused him to sigh.

"We can work with what Reid put together, for now. But I want Morgan and J.J. working on victimology, Garcia keep doing what your doing, and Dave, you and I will work on the profile as best we can." The team nodded and began to work on  the jobs their boss had given them. 

It wasn't long before a young, male nurse came to gather the team.

"He's just beginning to wake up now and he may be dazed and he might not fully understand anything until he has fully rested," the nurse declared. The team nodded to show that they understood, and followed the nurse to a private room. They held their breath as the nurse slowly opened the door, and gasped at what they saw.