| Part 1 |Ch 02: Grey Eyes On Me

~ Add Life to your days , Not Days to Your Life ~

Hope your safe and sound 🌻, I'm so excited for you to read this book!!!

Chapter 02 | Grey Eyes On Me |

My lungs couldn't function.

2 weeks of the fondest memory made its way into my vision. The hottest New York bachelor was about to put the ring on my finger. He was unattractive to me. Nevertheless, curiosity itched away my questions of before.

This Cold-hearted, Egoistic, Have-it-all could get every girl's cell from their saliva to drip out of their mouth right now. But not mine. A fool can only be fooled for so long. And like an idiot, as he could be, stupidity strung him upside down the head.

To look back at what happened in Miami- you could say we got off on the wrong foot, and somehow- my palm ended up on his cheek right before I stomped off.

Now that the freshly embedded memory has made its way to reality, my will to live decreased with every breath that I took. May the ground open and swallow me. I should not speak about death the way I am. But hell, 6 feet would have been better than this.

I snap back into the present only to see him foolishly smirking. Oh? Does he remember?

Guess I am hard to forget. Pretty and quiet, that's how he liked them. But the mark I left has changed his view of new women.

Simply mirroring his expression, I had no interest in facing a battle of the past. Why would I repeat what has been done? Not that I would not do it again, just not right now.

My feet sway to the stand. And as my hands were held in his, the priest spoke. Passion must have worked him. He was Loud enough to make my ears ring. Not only was the microphone glued to his lips, but the speakers were also right above us.

Will I go deaf? Fingers crossed that I do not. A paper was now placed in Atticus's hand. He grips it tightly before taking the spotlight.

Hearing his vow, my heart melted in disgust. Now I know what vomit sounds like. Although I was grossed out, the vow of which I had yet to say, slipped out effortlessly. My script was said in a low voice. Dripping with sarcasm, my fake tone could have won me a Grammy or two.

"You may now kiss the bride..." the priest urged. He steps back but keeps his head in our business. Jeez, did not think that the kiss was this important.

I glare at Atticus. Shall I remind him what will happen if he dares to touch me? A flirty look overcomes his expression. Clenching and unclenching his jawline, his eyes search for an answer. Anything to get the show started and over with.

He grips my waist and pulls me in. Time was unreal, gone. The clock ticked in slow motion. Once my eyes reach him, I smile in return.

Deep breath in. It will be over soon savannah. I can do this.

This is not just a kiss. It is a new beginning, and who knows how long that will last. Arranged marriages caused the soul to be lost. My innocence and emotions were going to be taken in a matter of seconds.

At the corner of my eye, I can see my brother nodding. And as Atticus leans in, my reflexes get the best of me. His lips end up on my cheek. His hands grip tighter then finally collapse to his sides. But Soft as they were, I felt shivers down my spine. It feels gentle, kind, maybe even different?

The man that should have done this, was no longer here. My hallucinations cloud my mind. A sky of angels watching a scene played at the unwanted time. This is wrong. The priest's eyes were held in mine, and I can tell that this is not the ending he planned.