Family Heirloom

A/N Everyone's alive and Pettigrew's in Azkaban. It takes place in 1996. It takes place on Christmas Break. Hermione isn't over because she's having Christmas with her parents.

~Harry's POV~

Mum told me that Dad was going to show me a family heirloom, I wonder what it is? Oh, there he is. He says, "Hi, Harry."

"Hi, dad."

"I'm going to show you the best heirloom of the Potters, it's called, How Potters get their Redhead. I used it a little bit in school, but I tweaked a few things."

"No offense, but why do I need it?"

"Ginevra Molly Weasley."

"What?"

"You have a crush on Ginny, I can see it in your eyes, they light up every time you hear about her or see her."

"I do have a crush on her. There's a ball coming up and I want to ask her to it."

"Ok, so I need to train you. Let's go down to the home gym and you can practice asking Ginny to the ball."

"Why in the gym?"

"You have to do pullups and practice, so you can ask her out rapid-fire, just in case, to ask your mother out, I had to lasso her from a huge group of girls, they weren't happy, so I had to ask her out, rapid-fire."

***

I'm on the pullup bar, doing pullups while asking rapidly ten times, "Ginny do you want to go to the ball with me?"

After that, Dad yells, "Padfoot! I need a whistle!" Sirius comes rushing down with a whistle, and Dad, Sirius, and I go to our yard to practice lassoing. "Sirius, pretend you're in a giggling group of girls, Harry, lasso him!"

This is weird, I lasso Sirius in five seconds twenty times. He says, "You're ready, Prongslet."

                                                                             ~Ginny's POV, Christmas Day~

We're doing Christmas with the Potters and Remus and Sirius. This also means Harry's coming! I totally don't have a crush on him. Fine, I do. Oh, they're coming! We greet the Potters and Remus and Sirius.

Harry announces, "I want to give one of my gifts first."

He gives me a present wrapped in red and white, I tear it open and look at the engraved words, Always You and I. I yell, "I love it, Harry!"

He does something unexpected, " Will you be my girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, I've loved you since I've met you when I was eleven."

"Yes!"

We close the distance between us and I wish I could freeze this moment in time, my first kiss with Harry.

Everyone cheers and Lily and Mum are cooking Christmas breakfast, and Remus, James, and Sirius are playing Exploding Snap.

~Harry's POV~

Everyone except for Mrs. Weasley-Molly, Arthur, Mum, and Dad sat down in the living room. I sit in an armchair and everyone except for Ginny sits. She doesn't have a seat. Fred and George say, "Ooh, Ginny doesn't have a seat, she has to sit somewhere."

I say, "Gin, you can have my seat."

She replies, "It's fine, Hare."

The twins say, "You have to sit somewhere, maybe... Harry's lap?"

They set her up! She replies, " Ok." She sits on my lap, and her face is in front of mine, she locks her legs around my waist and kisses me, and messes up my hair for five minutes.

The Weasleys in the room say, "That's not what we meant."

Ginny replies, "You should have been more specific."