xxi. date + 1K??!!

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

⋆·˚ ༘ *𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 / 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦⋆·˚ ༘ *

6:25 pm

EVELYN WAS SHAKING. She had never in her entire life felt this nervous before. She couldn't believe that she was actually going on a date with Louis Freaking Partridge. "Ok, show me the fit." Millie said from her place on Evelyn's computer screen. Evelyn walked in front of her camera and did a few turns and overdramatic modeling poses for Millie to show her the outfit. Millie gasped. "Evelyn, you look amazing." Her best friend gushed, and Evelyn inspected herself in the mirror behind her video chat setup. Evelyn wasn't wearing anything extremely "fancy"; she wore a ribbed white short sleeved shirt and layered a gingham strappy button-up tank over top and tucked both layers into a pair of high waisted skinny jeans. 

"Are you sure? I feel like I should wear something a little...nicer." Evelyn said, running her hands down the sides of her thighs as she over examined her outfit. "Evie, you're going out for dinner and then going to an amusement park, you aren't going to an opera matinee. Just be yourself, ok? He said yes to you asking him out, not your fancy alter ego." Millie said, and the both of them laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry Sandra but you won't be getting the spotlight today." Evelyn said, trying her hardest to emulate one of the parents from The Corpse Bride as Millie struggled for breath as she laughed.

"Ok, hat or headband?" Evelyn asked, holding up a black bucket hat in her left hand and a black and gold headband in her right. "Um.. headband." Millie said, and Evelyn dropped the hat on the floor as she walked to her small cosmetic mirror and placed the headband a few inches back from her hairline. "Ooh! Earrings." Evelyn exclaimed, grabbing her options and rushing over to her laptop. "Ok so we have white hearts.." Evelyn held one up to her right earlobe, "..or we have gold dangly ones with a white circle." Evelyn said. "Dangly. Always dangly." Millie said, and Evelyn went back to her cosmetics mirror as she mumbled "..always dangly.." and put the gold earrings that were accented with a white orb in.

"Ok.. I think I have everything." Evelyn began running around her room, making sure she had everything she needed inside her Kanken. "Ok lip balm, book, phone charger, water, tissues, advil, earbuds, pencil, phone, wallet, keys.." She rattled off as she shoved things into her bag or her pockets. "I think I have everything.." She said as she heard Dakota yell "Evelyn! Louis is here!" Evelyn's face wen't blank with anxiety as she looked at Millie. "Ev, you're gonna be fine. Remember that he likes you, ok? He's not just some stranger you met on the street, he's the boy that you sang Taylor Swift with everyday." Millie encouraged her, and Evelyn smiled as she pulled her puffy jacket on. "I love youuu." She said to Millie as she blew her a kiss. "I love you more, now go have fun! But tell me how it went as soon as you get home." Millie said and Evelyn laughed. "Will do. Ok, I gotta go. Bye!" Evelyn said and then the call was over. 

Evelyn sprayed some of the Gingham fragrance mist from Bath & Body Works into the air and stepped through it before deciding that she was officially ready and walking out of her room. Evelyn walked through the hallways and into the main living space and her heart practically stopped when she saw Louis standing in the doorway. "... and I know that we're friends and all, but I swear that if you hurt her, no one will ever find you-" Evelyn heard Dakota telling Louis at the door. "Dakota!" Evelyn gasped. Dakota's head whipped around to face Evelyn, but instead of being embarrassed, she defended herself. "Look, I'm just following the rules of the Girl Code." Dakota said and Evelyn walked up to the doorway. "I appreciate it, but I think that I have it covered.." Evelyn said, trying to appease Dakota, but Dakota just gave Louis the side eye and walked away.